Author Topic: New Guy Here :]  (Read 3836 times)

Offline JasonSpacey

• Anachroni
New Guy Here :]
« on: March 01, 2011, 12:50:57 AM »
Hello everyone!

My name is Jason. I came across this site by accident but you guys seem to have a neat perspective.  :loco: I like making things. More often I'm modifying existing things for a statement (art) or a function. Mostly both. (am I at the right place?)  :dremel:

For instance, this is now a phone bluetooth

from this:

Anyway, I'm clever but not very tech-savvy. I usually subcontract out my more technical work. But I figure it'll be fun to share ideas with you guys and talk about modded things. :]

Good to meet you all!  :wave:

Jason

PS: If you have any advice,  ie how to use this site or anything, let me know. I'm not use to using it. :] Thanks!
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Offline saw

• lucky amateur
    • Svenssons AckordsWerkstad
Re: New Guy Here :]
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2011, 04:22:56 AM »
Welcome to us.  :wave:

Offline JasonSpacey

• Anachroni
« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2011, 04:34:29 AM »
Thank you! Good to make your acquaintance. On looking around at the other projects, I should have mentioned I'm working on a steam powered scooter :]
"Let the future tell the truth and evaluate each one according to his work and accomplishments. The present is theirs; the future, for which I really worked, is mine." Nikola Tesla

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 09:03:11 AM »
Hiya Jason  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Sounds like you are in the right place. That phone is pretty neat.

Don't worry about your skill level. That is something that can be learned. Jump in the conversation anyway. Ideas and opinions are good to hear, plus you will learn what can and can;t be done (with ease)

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Ray

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2011, 10:52:30 AM »
Yes, welcome to the forum.  A steam powered scooter sounds neat.  Made any progress on it yet?  We like lots of pictures and for you to tell us of the techniques you use.  Ray
Waco, Texas

Offline JasonSpacey

• Anachroni
« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2011, 11:23:18 AM »
Yes, welcome to the forum.  A steam powered scooter sounds neat.  Made any progress on it yet?  We like lots of pictures and for you to tell us of the techniques you use.  Ray

Hi Ray Good to Make your Acquaintance!

I have lots of diagrams and nifty techniques I've been collecting and crunching numbers for. Pancake flash boiler, mechanically driven feedpump, self-regulating boiler, gasoline engine converted to steam. 90 percent of the stuff I'm using is off-the-shelf with modifications. I'll be putting all the details up as I go. Building the boiler this week :]

Jason

Offline JasonSpacey

• Anachroni
« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2011, 11:24:06 AM »
Hiya Jason  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Sounds like you are in the right place. That phone is pretty neat.

Don't worry about your skill level. That is something that can be learned. Jump in the conversation anyway. Ideas and opinions are good to hear, plus you will learn what can and can;t be done (with ease)

Eric

Thank-you for the encouragement Eric Good to meet you. I'm here to learn! :]

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #7 on: March 05, 2011, 04:38:04 PM »
Hi Jason,

I really like your phone!

You will have a lot of interest in your steam powered scooter so good luck with that and the members here will demand you post pictures as you go along with the project!

John

New Zealand
From the den of The Artful Bodger