Author Topic: Mardave RC Car Rear Axle Supports  (Read 5587 times)

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Mardave RC Car Rear Axle Supports
« on: March 04, 2011, 06:36:05 PM »
Not a hugely interesting one but I thought it may be of interest to someone. My Brother-in-Law came with an interesting question, can you make me a pair of these:

It is apparently one of the rear axle supports of a decent Mardave RC car his is building. There is a seller on ebay doing them for about £40 on a cnc machine. So anyway, after about 3-4 hours in my workshop here is the end result:

The only thing I changed was the bearings as for the price it was easier to order some flanged bearings so they would sit true to the face. All the dimensions have some tollerance so it didn`t need to be an exact copy, like the large slot for the motor is more circular on my version but that doesn`t matter as the motor simply mounts in this position. It was nice doing a project for someone else with the thought that it is going to be practically used!

The only thing I would quite like to have done would be to have cut a curved diamond shape in the large space of metal at the top centre just to remove weight and keep it asthetically pleasing. I have no idea how I would go about this! Still, turned out OK and I guess he can drill some random holes in it if he does want to reduce weight but they are feather light!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 06:37:55 PM by craynerd »

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
Re: Mardave RC Car Rear Axle Supports
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2011, 07:05:34 PM »
so now I dont think  he can race his car ,as Mardave have a fixed price for parts and any mods make the car illegal, but I may be wrong.
http://www.mardaveracing.co.uk/ymrc%20construction%20rules.htm

Peter
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2011, 07:34:39 PM »
He isn`t racing it, he just wants to run it around for fun! He has put most of it back together from scratch as it was a ebay "project". He is just enjoying building it and finding parts he needs. 

Chris
« Last Edit: March 04, 2011, 07:39:16 PM by craynerd »

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2011, 07:45:08 PM »
If he needs any associated bits give me a shout, I have a loy of old spares he can have.

peter
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 07:54:54 PM »
Thank you for the offer. He has been working hard on it, on and off for the last few months. I know there are certainly a few bits he is after!

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2011, 09:45:15 PM »
I see some guys doing some cool stuff for RC cars and helis.

Good stuff Chris.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.