Author Topic: Plumbing parts engine build  (Read 6055 times)

Offline enginenut

Plumbing parts engine build
« on: March 02, 2011, 09:35:16 PM »
Well I'm finally posting pics of my plumbing parts build i've basically got 2/3 done it'll probably a while (month or so) before I post any more as i'm going (Coming??) to the USA for a few weeks to wash and load some Cub cadets And JD's into a container for buyers down under (not my doing i'm helping a mate out)

Offline enginenut

Re: Plumbing parts engine build
« Reply #1 on: March 03, 2011, 12:18:34 AM »
Cheers Kenneth, The design is somewhere between the Henry Ford engine and my fertile imagination   :ddb:

Offline cfellows

• In Memoriam
« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2011, 03:25:40 PM »
Here is my version of a plumbing parts engine.

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=4494.0

Chuck

Offline enginenut

« Reply #3 on: March 03, 2011, 08:01:21 PM »
Oh yeah almost forgot Chucks engine had a pretty big influence as well, love the eddy current "load" by the way  :nrocks:

Offline madjackghengis

• big engine
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2011, 09:34:51 AM »
Hi there, an echo for your welcome to the states, hope you enjoy your visit.  I always like a plumbing build, I walked through many hardware stores as a boy, looking at all the potential engine parts they carried in the plumbing department.  I'm looking forward to seeing it together and running.  I like to use cast iron end caps for piston castings, they fulfill the desire not to waste extra iron from billet, and yet seem to be good enough iron to make a good piston for an iron cylinder.  I've got one going in the build of a poppin', sort of, which will be posted soon.  I hope you get your business done and get back to the build soon, looking to see it running.  very fine start :nrocks: mad jack

Offline enginenut

« Reply #5 on: March 10, 2011, 09:02:16 PM »
Well While I'm up here I thought I'd say I'm thoroughly enjoying being in the states it's a bit chilly here in Chesaning, MI but I've never seen snow so it's Ok :D