The Craftmans Shop > Backyard Ballistics

$30 Project shotgun

(1/8) > >>

Powder Keg:
I was at a local pawn shop today and ran across an old shotgun made by the Bridge Gun Company. I liked the way it looked. Kind of reminds me of an old Stevens? It was missing the original stock and fore grip. The metal is rusty, but it doesn't look too pitted. All the mechanical things seem to work fine.  The stock that's on it now won't come off? I think this gun will clean up really nice. I thought it would be a fun project. I think I can make it look nice again.

The crack on the stock goes all the way through to the other side. I have a few ideas that I want to try out. This one will be fun I think :) I'll do better at taking pictures of this one :worthless:

Wes :wave:

CallMeAl:
This should be fun to follow.  If nothing else, you will have a cool looking wall hanger.

Powder Keg:
That's kind of what I was thinking :lol: I'll be sure to take plenty of pictures on this one(o: It should be a good gun when I'm done. It will be unique that's for sure.

Powder Keg:
I need to do a little checking. But I think this has a short chamber? Which will be fine because I plan on shooting brass shells in it. I can probably load up and roll crimp some plastic bodied shells also? A modern 2 3/4" star crimp shell I think would be too long. The crimp would be in the barrel raising the pressures and recoil. Not good for an old gun!

Powder Keg:
A little more research and this gun "could have" been made by Stevens. I found this quote on the net.

"Bridge Gun Company never existed. It was a trade name used by Shapleigh Hardware of St Louis on guns made by Crescent, Harrington & Richardson, Stevens, and several Belgian gun makers.
The "Belgian Laminated Steel" suggests that it was made in that country, and the crowned-oval-ELG* mark shows for certain that it was proof-tested there sometime after 1893. The import of these hardware store guns pretty much ended with the start of WWI, so you can say it is a century old, +/- a decade. "

Nine doesn't have any fancy marks that I've found yet. But I think it was once nickle plated. It's not at all collectible, so I won't feel bad doing anything to it. I need to head out to the shop :zap:

Wes :wave:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version