Author Topic: Targets  (Read 5269 times)

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
Targets
« on: February 13, 2011, 04:05:03 PM »
A few friends and I go shooting once in a while. We are always looking for something to hunt. I came across these targets and they looked like fun. The more you shoot them the harder they are to hit because they walk away from you when they are hit.

I'm going to try and get a few cut out on the plasma table at work. But to test things out a little I knocked these together. I started with 8" pieces of 1/2" shaft and bent them to a 90 degree bend in the middle. I lopped off 4 pieces of 2" shaft about 3/8" long and welded them to the ends of the shaft. I then welded the two pieces together.

I hope the guys like them :D

Later, Wes
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
Re: Targets
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2011, 04:12:32 PM »
They look good fun, Wes.

You could run races - winner is the first to get their target over the finish line. On second thoughts, better not. It might be hard to find a referee brave enough to stand there.

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2011, 08:07:49 PM »
Just got back. They are fun!!! I have a problem sometimes when I build things. I always over build things :zap: These are just a tad to heavy. Sometimes they wouldn't flip. But they were a hoot!!! I'm going to see if I can cut some out at work :D

Later, Wes
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Blade

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2011, 10:02:48 PM »
Those are cool, going to have to make some!  :headbang:

Offline crabsign69

« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2011, 03:41:41 PM »
those are cool .. i blasted microwave door glass once up close 12 gauge did not  go thought it same with rim fire not getting though those things are very tough