Author Topic: Boggy surfaces for a bit of fresh air.  (Read 8395 times)

bogstandard

Boggy surfaces for a bit of fresh air.
« on: November 10, 2008, 03:30:31 PM »
A lot of you already know me from my escapades on other sites.

Young Ralph turned up yesterday, cheeky as ever, and we sat for maybe a couple of hours, putting the world to rights. During our discussions, MadModder was mentioned a couple of times, and to cut a long story short, I will totally ignore certain areas of the site, as though they are not there. This is the only way I can get around my personal issues, so please don't take it to heart.

Unfortunately, I can not carry on at the moment as I have previously done, and as such will limit myself to a few chosen words every now and then. But as my health gets better, and my machining skills improve to a stage where I will not be embarrased to show my bits in public, I hope to show you what I have been up to. No long builds, just general discussion stuff. Or if someone has a machining problem they cannot solve, I will try to help.

John, Boggy, Bogs, Bogster or any other name you care to think off (based around my web name, all the other I have been called before).

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Boggy surfaces for a bit of fresh air.
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2008, 04:16:28 PM »
Bog!

Glad you stopped by.  :clap:

Sending you a PM

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2008, 04:22:46 PM »
 :beer: :beer: Well Sir boggy glad you are getting back to something resembling normal. Here, there, and and anywhere.  :clap: :dremel: :thumbup:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

bogstandard

« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2008, 04:54:34 PM »
Gents,

Many thanks for the welcome, but please don't expect too much, I am still a little fragile.

Give it a couple of months, and I might feel like joining in a bit more.

With help from friends who live fairly close, you know who you are, things are getting better all the time. You don't realise just how the little things (to you, major for me) that you have done, allow me to get a lot more done by myself.

John

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2008, 06:56:16 PM »
As said in the reply to a polishing post... Happy that you are here John  ;D

You usually give a great deal of wisdom over with little in return  :)  lateral thinker that you have proved yourself to be  ;)  (reverse engineer  ;) )

I look forward to some of the bits you'll be showing!!

Finishing the day with a smile,

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 03:29:50 AM »
John :beer:

Welcome.

Glad to see that you have stopped in here and I hope that you feeling better every day. I don't do a lot of posting  but I do a lot of reading and have learned a lot from your previous posts and hope to learn more in the future from you and others.

All the best.

Cheers

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

bogstandard

« Reply #6 on: November 11, 2008, 05:14:14 AM »
Thank you everyone for the welcome. It is appreciated to know that I have passed a bit of info onto other people.

I have said this many times before, I am not a super being that knows everything. All I do is relay the information I have gathered thru years of experience, in a format that hopefully most people can understand. Please remember, I am allowed to be wrong a few times as well, and like to be told when I am, just so that I can put the files straight in my head.

There are usually many ways to skin a cat, so my way is not the gospel, and might not suit everyone, if it does, great, if not, then it will be up to other members to put you on the straight and narrow.

But above all, a bit of advice.

Keep smiling and always work to the best of your ability. If you do that, no one can ever say you didn't try.
If things ever get too much, don't lose your temper, put the job away, maybe for many months, while you gain more experience, then come back to it when you feel you are ready.
No one but yourself should have a say in how fast or well you should work, this is a hobby, and as such, you should do things at the pace and standard you are happy with.
But most of all, be happy and proud with what you are doing. No matter what you are attemping to achieve, you are an unique artisan, doing things that other people can only dream about, from carving a simple clothes line peg to a full blown hot rod.

John

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #7 on: November 11, 2008, 07:17:23 AM »
John

Those words were very well spoken and anyone can gain a lot by reading them and following through as they say. My dad always said that if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right. He hasn't been around for over 45 years but I have tried to live by that rule. If I can't do it right then I won't do it because I don't want a job not done right to reflect back on me.

Cheers

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Darren

• Madmodder Committee
  • N/Wales
« Reply #8 on: November 11, 2008, 08:37:11 AM »
Nice words John,

I have to admit I do not know who you are, my ignorance, but I'm looking forward to finding out.

Best wishes
Darren
You will find it a distinct help… if you know and look as if you know what you are doing. (IRS training manual)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #9 on: November 11, 2008, 09:07:37 AM »
Dammit, late again for the party. :hammer:

I missed Ralphs birthday and now I miss Bog's comming through the door at Madmodder. I must be living under a rock. Anyway....

Welcome to the Madmodder Bogstandard.  :beer:  :clap:  :thumbup:

I missed your banter of not being on a forum. Get better soon. Glad your back. ;)

Regards,
Bernd

P.S. Nice work Ralph. How far did you have to twist his arm?  ;)
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline ksouers

« Reply #10 on: November 12, 2008, 08:22:48 AM »
John,
It's certainly good to see you out and about again!

Cheers,
Kevin
Kevin

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #11 on: November 13, 2008, 09:04:45 AM »
Hi Big feller  ;D .............. glad to see your managing to get out and about a bit.

CC

bogstandard

« Reply #12 on: November 13, 2008, 09:43:37 AM »
Goodness me lads, can't hide from you lot anywhere.

I took refuge on one of my old model boat sites, for a nice quiet spell, and Bernd found me even there. But like the  friend he is, he kept his word, and kept quiet about it.

Now a few days after getting my head above the surface, you lot come diving into the pond.

It is nice to have a few friends about though, and the welcome is appreciated.

But don't expect the old me for quite a while yet. I have to get used to a totally different and reasonably quiet lifestyle.

Bogs.

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #13 on: November 13, 2008, 11:16:26 AM »
Goodness me lads, can't hide from you lot anywhere.

I took refuge on one of my old model boat sites, for a nice quiet spell, and Bernd found me even there. But like the  friend he is, he kept his word, and kept quiet about it.
Bogs.

I'll give you the secrete of how I found you.  ::) You told me yourself. :bugeye: Remeber that nice 2 cylinder engine you wrote up? I just followed that write up and the rest is history. See I do listen to what you say. People are just a bit lazy to go through the archives and try to find things out. I'm not.  ;) I have a high curiosity index.  :thumbup:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline CrewCab

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #14 on: November 13, 2008, 11:59:52 AM »
I have to get used to a totally different and reasonably quiet lifestyle.

Now't wrong wi' that  ........... enjoy life in the slow lane for a while  ;)

CC

Circlip

« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 10:14:47 AM »
K T T P John.