Author Topic: Big day today!  (Read 2480 times)

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
Big day today!
« on: January 12, 2011, 09:10:54 PM »
Almost 22 years with the company and today we had the official lunch and giving of gifts etc!

The company started when two guys set up to support the software products of Control Data Corp when that company folded their tents and left New Zealand, as the person with operational responsibility for all aeronautical communications in the Auckland Flight Information Region (about 14% of the Earth's surface if I recall correctly) I was their principal client.

A couple of years later I left that and joined them as some sort of expert and software developer.

I will not pretend that our products are especially clever, quite the opposite I should think, but having had the experience in the field I was able to ensure that our offerings met the clients needs exactly. This simple formula kept the company going for the last two decades and has seen us sell to aviation authorities and airlines in many countries. Including in no particular order: Afghanistan, Iraq, North Korea, Iceland, UAE, Saudi Arabia, Australia, China, UK, Phillipines, Czech Republic, Thailand, Egypt, US Air Force, US Coastguard, Bermuda and no doubt a few that have slipped my ever feebler mind!

Hand shakes all around and backed up my PC for the last time and so ends my 'working life'. :coffee:

P.S. I forgot Pakistan, Bhutan and Oman!
From the den of The Artful Bodger

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Big day today!
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2011, 09:25:51 PM »
John

Don't tell SHMBO that you are retired. If you do she will just add more items to the honey do list.  :lol: :lol:

Enjoy it, you've earned it. Now you can go back to playing with your Lego, after you get it moved.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline 75Plus

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2011, 09:55:09 PM »
Congratulations John!! Life now REALLY begins. I have just completed my 17th year of being blissfully unemployed and highly recommend it. :clap: :clap: :clap:

Joe

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2011, 12:19:13 PM »
WooHoo! Way to go John!

Have fun with retirement.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline John Hill

• The Artful Bodger
  • Madmodder Committee
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2011, 04:52:26 PM »
Thanks for the comments guys!

This retirement lark certainly seems to be very hard work!  I have just finished wrestling my shaper into the container and knocking the chocks in place.
From the den of The Artful Bodger