Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Valve Base

(1/16) > >>

Darren:
As promised here is a picture of the valve that I'm designing a base for. In the picture you can see some bases and top caps that I made over a year ago.

I decided that for the final build of my amplifier I need something with a more "engineered" look as well as function.

More pic's coming soon, this is just a teaser.......  ;D

Bernd:
Nice Darren. :thumbup:

Now I've familar with tubes, but you got me on this one. What does it do or supposed to do?  ???

By the way. Welcome to Madmodder.

regards,
Bernd

Darren:
It does this

Part of my music hobby...this is a test build just to get the circuit right. It worked so well it stayed like this for almost a year, then I moved.
That was over a year ago and what with renovations etc I'm only just opening up the boxes again.

Brass_Machine:
Wow Darren. I am impressed! That is definitely one of the styles I like. Care to elaborate more on this? I would love to learn some audio stuff.

Eric

Darren:
Hi guys,

Well to go into it deeply would be a whole new subject, simply I build valve amps for stereo hifi reproduction. Been doing it a while and this valve is one of the "Big Boys"

It's an 833 triode, operating voltage in this picture is 1,100 Volts DC, DC is far more dangerous than AC btw. It produces a glorious sound that has to be heard to appreciate fully.

Ok, so what have I been doing in respect to this, and what does it have to do with forum. Well as I said earlier I've been making some new bases for the valve. It needs something to make it stand up and somewhere to connect the cables to.
I found this forum after I'd started so the pics are a little jumbled. I'll put some info up bit by bit as I sort some photo's and all will be revealed slowly.

Everything in this mini-project is machined from a 20mm 303 stainless bar.

The thumbscrews------------In this pic I'm putting a chamfer on, initially I mounted these on a 6mm thread held in the lathe collet. But it didn't go too well as the thread wasn't quite central. I think this is just the way it goes with threading. So here I'm doing it again but holding the part on a shoulder instead. Worked perfectly.
You can see another on the spindle nose to get a better idea.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version