Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

Heron's Aeolipile

<< < (32/32)

Divided he ad:
So.... Yes it happened... Pic's tonight  :worthless: I know!

Hot water cylinders are too thick, I don't want to go down the route of a pre-made ball.... That'd be cheeting IMO.

As said, I'll make one!

Stew, if you could keep your eyes open that'd be great :thumbup:

Bernd, it'd probably cost too much and be economically unviable.... Thank you for the offer  :thumbup:

I'll search for some, but will probably end up using a tougher mix like the last time!

I might even use  (Are you reading Ian?) a bottomless die to press the next efforts?

At least I have had a little brain stormer on the holder design!!

It'll all come together soon ::)

Ralph.

Darren:
Ralph, I have a large roll off brass sheet, almost too heavy to pick up.

I'll measure it's thickness later for you  :thumbup:

Divided he ad:
Sounds good to me Darren  :thumbup: 

I'll swap some for some of this brass bar I still got!

Now as someone (mentioning no Roge erm, names)  didn't believe me....!?

There is also another slightly smaller dent on another part of it too!

And the cause....

The nest of wiring etc from the phone kit I removed from my dads new car.... Yes, I should have stored it better etc, etc....

But I didn't and the result has now happened and I cannot change that..... So, onwards and upwards!

If I tried I'm sure it could be repaired? But I'll probably spend less time making a new one!

CC, I've gone into the spinning thing. I was originally going to build the parts required for spinning (got 3 double DVD's etc) but then got the press and wanted to try it that way... I'll still try the spinning one day.... Just wanted to do it this way at the time!

This thread will continue..... Just a lot later than advertised..... I might finish making my 4 mini finger engines first instead?   :proj:

Ralph.

Darren:
I blame the snickers, distracted you no doubt.... :lol:

That doesn't look too bad, should easily sort that out Ralph?

The brass I have is 6 inch wide 1mm thick, any good to you?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version