Author Topic: Moving our shop.  (Read 4824 times)

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
  • Machinist Extraordinaire
Moving our shop.
« on: October 27, 2010, 08:58:58 PM »
We started moving the machine shop today. Man I hate moving. We started with one of the ENCO lathes. They weigh 8500 pounds. We'll unload it tomorrow and get the other one. We have a 28" Axleson that is 80" between centers. I haven't figured how to get under it yet. Im guessing it will run close to 13000 pounds? The first  CNC mill we got weighs 24000 pounds. I'll be glad when we get moved!
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Moving our shop.
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2010, 11:39:45 PM »
Wow! Snap a picture or two of them when you get them rigged up.

Moving location or just moving new machines in?
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2010, 02:06:58 AM »
Wes.

Good luck. Be careful.....

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2010, 06:04:35 AM »
Moving location. I'll take my camera today :D :D :D
Wesley P
A Gismo ??? If it has a flywheel or spins and is made with small parts. I'll take one! If it makes noise, moves, or requires frequent oiling and dusting it's a better deal yet. It's especially right if its shiny and bright; but if it's dirty and dull it wont mater at all...

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #4 on: October 29, 2010, 12:53:03 PM »
We decided there needed to be a couple things done before we get everything over there. Like over head hoists. After that we will move the rest of the equipment. I'll be sure to get pictures.
Wesley P

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2010, 08:18:11 PM »
Well we got most of the machines over to the new shop last week\o/  The Fadal mill came out First. The table on it is 60" X 30". The base is so short on it that it didn't want to roll very good on the uneven concrete in our old shop. It kept wanting to come off the skates we were using. We finally got it out far enough to grab it with the loader.

I climbed up onto one of the metal racks for this shot\o/

Almost loaded\o/

Our CNC AmeriSiki lathe came out next It went much faster. Here she is almost loaded.

In the front of the shop was the SuperMax mill. I really hate moving this. Our Equipment isn't big enough really to lift it. The loader gets really light in the back :bugeye: We had to use "Frankenstein" to help keep it from tipping while we backed the truck under the load.

That's all the hard stuff. I have a few more pictures I have to try and get off my phone. I'll try and get them up this weekend.

Wesley P

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: November 13, 2010, 12:02:48 AM »
OK, so I should be seeing the Fadal in my garage in the next few days right?  :beer:

Wouldn't have much room for anything else!!

That's some heavy stuff!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline Stilldrillin

• Global Moderator
  • Staveley, Derbyshire. England.
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2010, 03:34:03 AM »
That's much larger machinery than I expected!  :bugeye:

Moved industrial sized machinery around the shop several times, when I was working for a living. Never had to deal with the outdoor side of things. 

Well shown Wes! :thumbup:

David D
David.

Still drilling holes... Sometimes, in the right place!

Still modifying bits of metal... Occasionally, making an improvement!

Offline Powder Keg

• Global Moderator
« Reply #8 on: November 13, 2010, 07:49:59 AM »
Sorry Eric, The Fadal and Amerasiki are set up and leveled already. A technician was here when we unloaded them in the new shop, to set them back up. The Fadal had a couple of problems that are fixed now. One of the manual lathes has been leveled. that leaves 3 mills and 2 manual lathes to go. We still have to move the Axleson lathe. But with the Supermax out of the way. We can get the loader in to grab it pretty easily. Next week should be better for me :med:
Wesley P

Offline j45on

• My tiny workshop Location Ashford Kent
« Reply #9 on: November 13, 2010, 12:13:35 PM »
That mill is bigger than my shop  :lol:
Jason