The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

HELP!!!

(1/5) > >>

grinder:
Hi guys,

Does anyone out there have a schematic daigram for a HF mini lathe model 93212? I was working on my latest project this weekend and my lathe motor stopped turning. I thought perhaps it was the fuse or my end of travel limit switch, but no..... :zap:
I think the drive circuit has a problem. The booklet that came with the lathe has no information at all about the drive circuit, so I wonder if anyone out there has reverse engineered their unit, I'm willing to pay for a copy if anyone has the info I need. :wave:

John Swift:
Hi
several months ago I reverse engineered the FC250J board in my Clark CL300M lathe
(its a Sieg C3 mini lathe)

the latest version uses a XMT.... series controller  that I think has been used in some mini mills

If your control pcb looks like one of the pictures
I'll send you the info I have

John

John Swift:
Hi Grinder ,

I have had a look at the manual for your lathe

the nearest to the FC250BJ/110v  controller you have I can find on the  web is
 that circuit for a FC350BJ/110v

hope this helps

John

grinder:
Hi John,
Thanks  a billion for the info. The photo of the board looks exactly like the board in my lathe. I'll have to take it apart to be sure, but it is very similar.
I'm trying to repair a worn clutch in my lawnmower...two wedge pices that slide into a tapered gearwheel, and I was midway through turning down an aluminum plate to hold the gear when power went off. I have a limit switch to prevent the crosslide drive from running into the chuck, and I thought perhaps it was giving me a problem, but I still hear the interlock working.

What you have there is some great info, thanks again :beer:

75Plus:
Grinder, Check the choke just below the yellow relays. That's the thing that has enameled wire wrapped around a toroid. I had a similar failure and found that the choke had broken loose from the circuit board.

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version