The Craftmans Shop > PowerSports
Penny Farthing Bicycle
<< < (30/65) > >>
Brass_Machine:
That's a dandy hunk of brass there Wes! It is looking smooth!

Eric
Powder Keg:
Thanks Eric:o) That chunk of Brass has been in the bottom of my scrap box for nearly ten years waiting for a special project.

~Wes~
Brass_Machine:
I love the look of machined brass!
Powder Keg:
Hey Ralph, I had originally started copying an early Rudge High wheel. I liked the way the brass hubs looked with the radial spokes. I think the date on that bike was around 1875 or so. They are from Coventry also:o) After that I'm just fitting things together in a way that pleases me. The front axle is way fancier than any I have seen. The cranks will be nice to look at. I dressed up the step a tad. A friend is helping me along the way. He is the fellow that I got the seat springs from. He makes Re-pro seats for the Columbia experts. I could have bought the rest of the seat stuff but I like mine better. I need to nail down the head design I'm going to use. I'm trying to make everything "look right". And be build-able. I would like some lighter forks. But tapered oval tubing would be tough for me to make. I've found a couple forks that look like they were made out of flat bar that were lightened like I did my step. I'm tossing that idea around. I'm just trying to get it to look right in my head before I start cutting metal.

I spend a lot of time designing this in my head:o)

~Wes~
Powder Keg:
Here is one that I like. 1885 Rudge It has the nice Brass hubs.

~Wes~
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version