The Craftmans Shop > PowerSports
Penny Farthing Bicycle
<< < (28/65) > >>
Powder Keg:
I've chatted with Graeme about his tire tool. He sent me a few pictures and dimensions. I think I can improve on the couple designs that are out there. Thanks for that link.

~Wes~
Powder Keg:
I only have 4-5 more nipples to make and I'll be ready to start tapping them\o/ I'm making 4-5 extra just in case.

I started drawing up the fork. I think this closed head design will look/work better. Plus I can make it a little fancier :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: I need the front fork to build the front wheel. I'll be using it as a truing jig.

~Wes~

Powder Keg:
I have the first operation on the nipples done. All 85 of them. I'll grind a little tool to shape the head and start taping them next.

A friend sent me drawings for the seat front clip and the bolt that holds the seat to the back spring. I'll be able to start on them here pretty quick. The drawing he had for the bolt was a hand sketch. I drew it up in CAD for him. He was excited about it:o)

I've made a little more progress on my head drawings. I need to change things a little. But I think it will look pretty nice. I was able to round up a little scrap to make the head out of also. It's a challenge to make machined parts that are welded together look.... Pretty. So things are progressing.

Later,

~Wes~
DMIOM:

--- Quote from: Powder Keg on January 24, 2012, 10:14:43 PM ---....... It's a challenge to make machined parts that are welded together look.... Pretty. ...
--- End quote ---

However its done I'm sure it'll look great - but as for welded appearance I think Rob Wilson is a great example to us!

EDIT - what I meant was the appearance of Rob's work - not Rob's own appearance   :lol:

Dave
Powder Keg:
I found a place kind of close that does Nickle plating :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb: :ddb:
Navigation
Message Index
Next page
Previous page

Go to full version