Author Topic: QCTP for my Stanko 1A616 from 1962 ...  (Read 26595 times)

Offline ksor

• Turn off the TV - life ain't replayed !
    • Keld's hjemmeside
Re: QCTP for my Stanko 1A616 from 1962 ...
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2009, 12:47:49 AM »
Oh ... it's running very very slow at the moment !

I'm looking for a small 60 degrees cutter for the "opposite dove tail" - I you know what I mean.

Autumn/winter is comming ... cold in the shop and so I have to heat it up first - the shrink would call it procrastination  ::)

And by the way ... more interesting things "in-door" is calling - do you know that ?

The grandchild is calling for a model train ... and who can reject that  :) ?

Best regards
KSor, Denmark
Skype name: keldsor

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2009, 08:29:53 AM »
The grandchild is calling for a model train ... and who can reject that  :) ?

Now there's something to stay out of the cold shop for then. A model train set up. What grandfather can say no to that.   :D  :ddb:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #27 on: August 22, 2010, 10:20:58 AM »
Now I got myself a

250mmŲ  4-jaw-chuck
75mm Boring head

So NOW I can go on with this project - meanwhile I HAD made something - just to try it:

First I cut off some small peaces 45X45X90mm:

Then I prepared my mill for cutting 25X25 in one path:

I try 2 peaces in the first place:

And at last cut the threads:

Now I'll have to make the dovetail !
« Last Edit: August 24, 2010, 02:31:53 AM by ksor »
Best regards
KSor, Denmark

Offline madjackghengis

• big engine
« Reply #28 on: August 23, 2010, 07:35:27 AM »
Hi ksor, it's interesting to see a cold saw in use, and someone using a horizontal mill to do some not so serious milling.  When you cut pieces off a chunk of steel that large that's been cut with either plasma or flame, it's good to try to center the piece you want rather than trying to get as much useful metal as possible, unless you can arrange to get the whole thing up to critical temperature, and let it cool long enough to aneal it, just for the very reasons you demonstrated in your second cut with the "slab mill".  I've got a couple of pieces of inch and three quarters that were flame cut, each about hundred kilos and more, and I put pieces in my wood stove which heats my shop in the winter, and they will go in with a full load of hardwood chunks, and stay in till next morning.  It's just another month or two before I can put a fire in my stove.  I envy the way you cut right through with the big cutters and that horizontal mill though.  On the cutter you used for a face mill, you can take a fine stone, find the one edge which is high, and stone it down to match or better yet, stone all the face edges, and get good, flat facets on each edge, then find the high one, and give it extra stoning, and get rid of the line mostly.  That you can see it, but not feel it makes it more a matter of looks than function though.  Nice work, makes me want to find a decent vise for my small and rather antique horizontal mill and use it for a change.  In my book, there is an "up" side to wiping out a cutter, it lets you know you are working tool steel, and not just some merchant stock, and it is hardenable.  I get most of my steel scrap, so finding tool steel is always a bonus.  You've got a fine start on the project, it should last a lifetime when you're done. :nrocks: :thumbup: mad jack

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #29 on: August 23, 2010, 09:01:27 AM »
 :bow:

Best regards
KSor, Denmark

Offline RichardShute

« Reply #30 on: August 23, 2010, 06:40:26 PM »
Hello Ksor,
I would be interested to see a photo or two of you Stanko lathe. I have a Stanko mill and find it an excellent machine. What is your horizontal mill? Perhaps in the middle of this thread is not the place to add the photo(s), but maybe you have some on Photobucket or Flickr?

Nice work on the QCTP, by the way.

Rgds
Richard
For every fool-proof solution, there is a fool greater than the proof

Offline ksor

• Keld's hjemmeside
« Reply #31 on: August 23, 2010, 11:44:16 PM »
Hi Richard
I have a few old photos of my lathe (Stanko 1A616) and my mill (Vilh. Pedersen VPF-1) - very old machinery but functioning very well

Today I have made a shield over the telescop/cardan:

Because of my narrow space I cant get pictures covering the full size of the mechines - sorry, but I have lots of detail photos  ::)
Best regards
KSor, Denmark