Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

Bowman Loco Cylinders.

<< < (3/5) > >>

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: millwright on May 04, 2021, 02:32:50 PM ---Nice to see you are still on your feet and keeping busy Dave, and good to see you helping out :clap: :clap: :clap:

John

--- End quote ---
Thanks John.
 But.... Have you seen the date of this project? That was 11 years ago!!  :thumbup:

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: Bowman on May 04, 2021, 04:46:50 AM ---My question is on the Bowman cylinder is the pivot pin originally screwed or pressed in .I have bought two Bowman 300 and the pivot pin protrudes in to the cylinders damaging them. I will make new cylinders and solder them to the old bases.
Regards Peter

--- End quote ---

Hi Peter. Welcome to Modder.
 I'm pretty sure, I copied the original, and screwed the pivot pin into the cylinder base. The tapped hole in the base, was deeper than the pin's thread length. So, it couldn't do any damage.

Has someone replaced the pivot pin, with studding... ?  :scratch:

millwright:
 :doh: Cheers Dave, i was at the opticians yesterday, and yes i'm in need of new glasses.

John

Stilldrillin:

--- Quote from: millwright on May 05, 2021, 02:38:49 PM --- :doh: Cheers Dave, i was at the opticians yesterday, and yes i'm in need of new glasses.

John

--- End quote ---
Nice one John! But....

You think you've got trouble!
 I've just had cataract op, on my left eye. Marvellous job! Everything is clear and bright. Through the new lens.  :thumbup:
The right eye, is still short sighted, and a pale khaki colour.  :palm:

I'm having fun, with single lensed reading glasses.....  :scratch:

millwright:
I was told i have a cataract starting in the corner of my left eye!!!!!!!!  ehhh its a bugger this getting old. hope yours gets back to normal soon Dave.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version