Author Topic: BR's E-bike build  (Read 6471 times)

Baldrocker

BR's E-bike build
« on: June 11, 2010, 08:48:27 PM »
OK be it on your own head.
Feel free to move to another section if appropriate.
003 Awaiting suitable sized front wheels hub motor from crashed escooter 36v 200watts.

001 - 002 ebike in construction 24v 250 watt motor chain drive to old mini bike wheel used as friction drive to
         26" standard mountain bike.

004 Donor vehicle pile.
 It amazes me the quality of the stuff that gets thrown away.
My philosophy "It doesnt need to be pretty, its nice if it works, but it must be FUN to try"

br

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: BR's E-bike build
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2010, 09:08:09 PM »
Split off and moved.

Have you decided on what you are going to use for juice? I was reading some people are using the batteries the newer cordless drills come with.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Baldrocker

« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2010, 04:23:34 AM »
Another find at the scrap yard last week. Heap of 12volt 7ah sla's.
Coffee mug is to give some idea of size.Story is local security firm services their customers alarms every May
this entails changing out the standby batteries, as they have been on tricklecharge all the time the majority are perfectly good so I grabbed 12 at $2 each.
Did I mention I'm a pack rat?
The motor on the mountain bike is 24v so I may try 3 bats giving 36v The scooter hub motor came with a 36v pack and controller again perfectly good I may try 4 bats for 48volts.
The only thing I have had to purchase new is a Hall effect throttle $14 on Ebay cos the the controller wont work using a potentiometer.
Should be ready to test the mb on monday will try to make a video.
br

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2010, 08:14:55 AM »
Hi  Baldrocker

Interesting build ,in a true Madmodder style  :clap: :clap: :clap:   ,,,, nice fined at the scrap yard ,,,,,,,,, How fast do you think you will get out of the bike ?  :smart:

Cheers Rob

Baldrocker

« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2010, 06:49:10 AM »
Hi Rob
First test ride today 14kph (8.6mph) using 24volts will try 36v tomorrow plus a change of friction wheel size.
Seeing as the poor thing is moving 135kg thats my weight plus about 25kg for the bike from
 a standing start with no pedal assist  Im not too disappointed. I'll take a gps around the block tomorrow
to find the distance and ride until batts are almost exhausted and find out the range.
 Also I'll try a direct electrical connection to the motor with a simple on/off switch with pedal assisted start.
Just remembered I've got a combined brake and switch from the donor scooter so that will be simple
br
ps. I dont remember bike saddles being so hard on the bum, also found that the wiring guage on the brake
switch is too light so will have to incorporate a relay.

Baldrocker

« Reply #5 on: June 19, 2010, 06:47:52 PM »
Hi all.
E-btrike project not abandoned in fact all proto's work after a fashion.
The problem is not having any background in fab/mach/design I find
it very difficult to settle on one design with the result that my builds
tend to go of in weird if not wonderful directions. :scratch: However stumbled on this
today and it shows a lot of promise for madmodding. I think I can dispense
with the baby capsule after the comments received from SWMBOO. (No
sense of humour that woman).

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #6 on: June 19, 2010, 07:42:16 PM »
Looks like a fairly simple design. You going to use that as a design to build yours? Is all the prototype work done?

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Rob.Wilson

« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2010, 08:32:50 PM »
Hi all.

I find
it very difficult to settle on one design with the result that my builds
tend to go of in weird if not wonderful directions.

HI Baldrocker

Nothing wrong with that  :thumbup: some times it's good to be free of any design restrictions and go with the flow and work with  what you have at hand    :dremel:  ,have you had her back out on the road ?  did you get any more MPH  out of here ?

Regards Rob

Keep us posted  :D
« Last Edit: June 19, 2010, 08:36:32 PM by Brass_Machine »