Author Topic: Quick and low buck rotisserie, sort of  (Read 5276 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Quick and low buck rotisserie, sort of
« on: May 22, 2010, 02:58:38 PM »
I changed 4 HF roller top material handling stands a while back to a angle iron stock so I could put a sheet of plywood on the top of them and have a work table/surface.
The rollers were under a bench, catching dust along with a first generation B&D work mate stand. After trying to move the hot water tank by myself to get a better position to cut, and at a better height.
It hit me like, dropping the tank on my foot.

I took the rollers and placed them on the top of the Work mate surface.
2 rollers inside the back and 2 others on the outside of the front. It has some adjustability for width/dia of the item being supported. The hot water tank was 18"dia, the pipe is 4"dia and the rim is for a 15" tire.

These are the HF roller stands Item # 95621 these are the ones with the steel rollers and the base of the roller has a 90' mounting flange with a hole. Makes it easy to adjust the height under the roller base to get the screw in the center of the wood ply top.

They do have the rollers loose at half the cost of the stands, The stands are currently on sale. They are also the same stands that a lot of places sell both on line and in the stores.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: Quick and low buck rotisserie, sort of
« Reply #1 on: May 22, 2010, 05:47:28 PM »
Boy your really rolling along with projects.  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Bernd

Oh dear I think I've had to many Vodka and grapefruits.

Wrong, I need another one. :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:  :ddb:
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: May 22, 2010, 06:05:19 PM »
I saw the smoker post first... I saw the title of this one and thought "oh cool! another cooking device!"

I feel robbed. Nah! :lol:

Cool idea Glen!

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 06:19:29 PM »
When you spend most of your adult working life by yourself, you tend to figure out ways of doing things that won't hurt ya to bad. So the cherry picker/crane and the HF cycle jack stand, the 1000 pound lift table along with a cherry picker type crane they lift people out of whirlpools with. Are the best and most important tools in the shop.

Come to think of it I think the sons gold wing has only been on the jack once, in the 8 years I have owned the jack! :bugeye:

You combine that with getting older and less inclined to bust the buns. You can come up with all kinds of nifty stuff.
 :thumbup:

Quote from: Brass_Machine
I saw the smoker post first... I saw the title of this one and thought "oh cool! another cooking device!"

I feel robbed. Nah!
He has talked about making one out of a half bike with the rear wheel driving the pig turner cage. Only problem is buying the liqueur and having enough people to take turns riding the bike. A friend of his does Cuban style in Miami and said the biggest problem is keeping enough people half sober and upright and awake to drive the bike chain.

I guess the last one he did all the guys were passed out on the grass and the women finished the pig and left none for the men  :lol: :lol: :lol:
That why the son has figured out that half pigs and pork shoulders are better for that kind of thing plus the price is a whole lot better.

Besides If I want BBQ I just go tho the fridge open the plastic container, shovel some on some bread and nuc it for 2 minutes.  :thumbup: I think it's called Curly's or some thing from the super market!
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen