Author Topic: Hi guys  (Read 2854 times)

Offline marshon

• Doh!
Hi guys
« on: May 19, 2010, 06:35:00 PM »
A quick introduction from me,

Names Simon, I've been building scale models in plastic, card, metal and what not for more than 30 years.
I've spent most of my working life in the industrial engineering sector, but I was actually trained as a Lithographer.
I always wanted my own 'home shop', but have never lived in a property with enough space. (Or had enough money).
However, last year my long suffering wife bought me a 'micro lathe' for my anniversary and told me I could use one room of the house for a 'micro shop'! Woohoo!

I'll post some stuff up in the projects section, then badger everyone for answers to inane questions.
Here's a scratchbuilt M39 to show the sort of work I do, I'm also an artist, body-artist, prosthetic maker and photographer.

For my bodyart and prosthetics have a look here (there is non-explicit nudity before you click the link).

http://fc07.deviantart.net/fs42/f/2009/156/2/8/280ab887f0ae830f3eb1bfe42bf8d2ee.jpg

Simon

Offline Brass_Machine

• Administrator
Re: Hi guys
« Reply #1 on: May 19, 2010, 07:49:51 PM »
Hi Simon  :wave:

Welcome to the collective :borg:

Way to go for the wife buying you a lathe  :headbang: Don't worry about the inane questions... it is quite possible others have the same question but don't want to ask. Would like to see more of your scale models.

Eric

BTW, thanks for posting a link and not attaching a picture... and for the warning too. As myself and others access the board from work, no matter how non-explicit nudity, we can still get in trouble  :whip: . Good job!
« Last Edit: May 19, 2010, 07:51:45 PM by Brass_Machine »
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #2 on: May 20, 2010, 12:55:02 PM »
Hi Simon

Welcome to MadModder. That looks to be quite the model M39 that you have built. I think you will find a friendly group of guys here and if you have any questions they will be glad to try and help. We look forward to seeing some of your models that you have built.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #3 on: May 22, 2010, 03:20:49 PM »