Author Topic: Thinking of a CNC Router Table Mad Mod  (Read 20442 times)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
Re: Thinking of a CNC Router Table Mad Mod
« Reply #25 on: May 06, 2010, 01:19:58 AM »
Bernd

Here is a link on CNC that you may find interesting. I know that it's not about kitchen cupboards but it's relevant I Think.  :doh:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702944

I'll keep looking for that article on self completing cupboards for you.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline HS93

• In Memoriam
« Reply #26 on: May 06, 2010, 05:22:58 AM »
you asked about my router, I bought it as a unfinished set of parts as from what I can gather they are not made any more , I think ill healthhas stoped him making this great little machine bt he is selling a full set of drawrings for them now.  I have the motors mounted and am fitting the micro switches. I am thinking of moving the top stepper so I can fit a handle to set the hight so that will be a 1-1 belt, I have some more pictures that I will post as soon as I get my main pc  set up I am using a net book at the moment and it is horrible. by the way I got it on ebay from the man that made them very cheap, just postage and inport tax killed it
Peter

http://madmodder.net/index.php?topic=2613.msg27875#msg27875
I am usless at metalwork, Oh and cannot spell either . failure

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #27 on: May 06, 2010, 09:59:35 AM »
Bernd

Here is a link on CNC that you may find interesting. I know that it's not about kitchen cupboards but it's relevant I Think.  :doh:

http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=702944

Will have to check this out later. Thanks for the link

I'll keep looking for that article on self completing cupboards for you.  :lol: :lol:

Don

Well, I planted some sawdust from the cabinets I made earlier. After two years all that came up were weeds.  :lol:  :lol:

On top of that I went to get more hinges and found out they no longer make that still hinge. So now I have 3 doors with the old style hinge and I'm going to have to find a replacement for the other 3 doors. Boy nothing is ever easy.

Anyway, keep looking for those cabinets. The wife sure "wood" appreciate it.  :ddb:

Bernd
Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #28 on: May 06, 2010, 10:03:14 AM »
Peter,

I eagerly await some pictures of your set up.

I"m working on designing a "Z" axis package right now to mount a tool holder and the screw and motor mount.

Progress is slow do to other projects other than these fun projects.

Bernd

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2010, 10:49:04 AM »
Well I finally made a part for the "Z" axis. I call it the "base plate" for lack of something better.

It will hold the engraver/router spindle, I'm leaning toward using a Foredom Tool, and the anchor point for the "Z" axis lead screw.

I totaly messed this part up. What I had drawn up is nowhere near what it was supposed to be. The only things that turned out right was the two holes and width of the base plate. The length is off by 3/8". The slot was supposed to be a pocket, but do to the wrong dimensions I had to make it a slot. I still need to counter sink the front of the holes to except counter sink screws. I'm not going to give dimensions since this is a custom build. So here's the first pic of a screwed up part.  :lol:

And here it is mounted. Exciting eh?

I now have to figure out where to mount the motor and how. That should take a while.

Bernd

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
« Reply #30 on: May 08, 2010, 12:08:18 PM »
Well, I planted some sawdust from the cabinets I made earlier. After two years all that came up were weeds.  :lol:  :lol:

On top of that I went to get more hinges and found out they no longer make that still hinge. So now I have 3 doors with the old style hinge and I'm going to have to find a replacement for the other 3 doors. Boy nothing is ever easy.

Anyway, keep looking for those cabinets. The wife sure "wood" appreciate it.  :ddb:

Bernd
I think that you are using the wrong type of fertilizer on those doors.  :lol: :lol:

Send me a picture of the door hinges that you need. There is a place close by that buys up all the old stock hinges and pulls, ect. that might have what you need. Give me the brand name as well if you have it.

Don

Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
and your better best

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #31 on: May 08, 2010, 05:57:51 PM »
Don,

They are Blum European hinges. I already found a replacement. The only difference is how far they swing.

Thanks anyway.

Bernd

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #32 on: May 08, 2010, 06:13:10 PM »
I hope I don't catch a bad case of  :proj: and find yet onther one before I finish this. I'm getting tired of to many unfinished projects.  :(

Bernd  :nrocks:

Well, it's happened. I may have another project going, but the good news is it'll be related to this thread. Here's the story and the possibility of what could be.

I have found that I have 10 UCN5804B stepper motor drive chips, I also have 3 small stepper motors. I came across some circuit board designs and a whole lot more info. I may decide to draw up some schematics and also design some boards for all this. In other words make my own driver and breakout boards. I'm thinking of doing this to try out the hardware that's going to go on this project. This way I could test each axis as I build it up.

I also have software to help me do all this. I also know a guy that did a board design and sent it via internet to California from here in New York and within a couple of days his boards were delivered.

So with all this in mind I'm going to have to see what happens.  :proj:

Stay tuned.  :ddb:

News at 11:00  :lol:

Bernd

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
« Reply #33 on: May 08, 2010, 06:21:07 PM »
Bernd

I'll be in the front row at 10:55pm  :D :)

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
and your better best

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #34 on: May 08, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »