Author Topic: 1898 IC engine, burning propane and driving an overhead line shaft, in a smithy  (Read 4790 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Here is a trip down an real life time wrap, currently operating metal artist, using a 1898 gas engine driving an overhead line shaft, which powers all his machines in his forge/smithy.

From a 1900's toggle press or punch press, a 250 pound Murray made around 1940,100 lb Hackney power hammer dated 1888, his anvil is a 412lb sawmaker's anvil,and grinder, mill, planer, lathe et all. An amazing place and he turns out some amazing work.

He is on an steam/engine forum, I'm on and is currently working on the restoration of a gen set and the tube and spool wiring in his shop. That will run from the line shaft.

Spend some time looking at his tooling, and hammers and tongs in the photo's along with his forges, and engines along with the cooling of the engine.

Then spend some time, looking over his work.

But I have to warn you first get a towel to place on the keyboard or your shirt so when you start drooling, you don't damage the key board.

Enjoy
I'm starting the tour on the machine pages, be sure to scroll down to below the photo for info on some of them
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen