The Shop > Finishing

Polishing technique.... well it works!

<< < (2/11) > >>

Divided he ad:
Not much room at all!! .... When do I come over and move in?  ;D

If you have one try a collet chuck... Much safer!  I was thinking about making a morse 3 extended arbour to fit the 'pig tail' into my spindle without the need for the chuck.... A little safer.

As I state in the video... this is just my way (sing along if you have to!!  ;D )

Have fun and stay safe,

Ralph.

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Divided he ad on September 07, 2008, 08:12:28 PM ---Not much room at all!! .... When do I come over and move in?  ;D
--- End quote ---

As soon as they let you leave over there.  :D

--- Quote ---If you have one try a collet chuck... Much safer!  I was thinking about making a morse 3 extended arbour to fit the 'pig tail' into my spindle without the need for the chuck.... A little safer.

--- End quote ---

Hey, now there's a good idea. Using a taper arbor in the head stock. Kind of turns the lathe into a multi purpose tool.

--- Quote ---As I state in the video... this is just my way (sing along if you have to!!  ;D )

Have fun and stay safe,

Ralph.

--- End quote ---

Absolutley.

Bernd

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: Bernd on September 05, 2008, 10:51:35 PM ---...See I've got six acres over here to hid stuff, plus about 2300sq. ft. basement.

--- End quote ---

Never ceases to amaze me... If only I had that kind of room. OFC, with 6 acres, i would have a garden steam train line too! What are you waiting for Bernd?

Eric

Divided he ad:
Ha!! I've been over there once... NYC last november.... Cool city  ;D

So do you want the address to send the ticket  :D

I will get back over there to that little country of yours! Just a matter of where all the funding is coming from!
I still haven't finished my house... had the damn thing 6 years and never lived in it!!!

Suppose that I should prioritise a bit more eh!?

I haven't made the arbour yet.... It is in the 'back of the mind' phase of design  ::)

I will also make a small guard for it as the spindle on my 9x20 has a whopping M40x4 thread on it.... that's a mangler if ever there was one!!!

Ralph.

Bernd:

--- Quote from: Brass_Machine on September 08, 2008, 02:09:30 PM ---
--- Quote from: Bernd on September 05, 2008, 10:51:35 PM ---...See I've got six acres over here to hid stuff, plus about 2300sq. ft. basement.

--- End quote ---

Never ceases to amaze me... If only I had that kind of room. OFC, with 6 acres, i would have a garden steam train line too! What are you waiting for Bernd?

Eric

--- End quote ---

Let's see ..... MONEY .... How's that.  ;D  Oh, and a lot of ambition.  :P

I have the plans for a 1.5" scale Shay and have thought about putting in a system.

But if you ever saw how far I need to go to finish the house before I can spend full time on the hobbies you'd know I might never get to the live steam.
And there's a thing called "wife" that says I need to finish the house before I can play. Damit. Just can't win.  :(

I guess I'll never run out of things to do. I've known some people that have no hobbies and all they do sit around waiting to meet the grim reaper. At least I'll go with to much to do.  ;D

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version