The Shop > Finishing

Polishing technique.... well it works!

(1/11) > >>

Divided he ad:
So here is a vid that I made and was a bit uneasy about.... It is purely to show how to use the techniques not I'll repeat that NOT   telling anyone to use their lathe in this manner....
I have a very small workshop and it is the lack of space that prevents me from using a dedicated polishing machine.

I take the risk of having my hand whacked by the chuck.... A guard is under developement and when complete will be posted here too.

Anyway all that said, here is the vid.... Hope the techniques and descriptions help?

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=gLRoblphSeY

There is a good website out there too...  http://www.caswellplating.com/buffs/buffman.htm

Hope this all helps someone  :)

If it is too upsettigng for some people then say your bit.... it can always be removed!! (Ehh Eric!!)  ::)

Ralph.

Brass_Machine:
Of course it works. Nice presentation on polishing bits. Well done Ralph.

I have conscripted an unused drill press that I have into my polishing station. it works pretty good.

Eric

Bernd:
The Blingmister does it again. Very nice vid of how to polish.

You said you have a very small workshop, not enven room for just a motor to put the polishing mops on?

Bernd

Divided he ad:
Wow!! Took you a while to see this one!

Bernd, my workshop area is approx 6.8' square!  That houses my 9x20 lathe and my mill (Pretty big for a hobby one)

Then there is my work bench and my compressor and my surface table then the bench vise and also a bench grinder and not to forget the multi former..... erm I think that's it..... !!

It took me 2 weeks to re-organise it so that I could work in it, and now you want me to find room for more!!  :o

I just think I will carry on as I am for now, not had any large mishaps to date (touch wood!)

Eric, is it a little odd having the mops on their side? ... I suppose that you get used to it?

Glad you like the theory behind the demo,

Ralph.

Bernd:
I guess you don't have much room do you, 6.8' square.  :o

Just looked around my little shop and it's way larger than yours. You must step out side your shop to change projects and your mind.  :D

Ya, it took me a while. Hey at my age it's a wonder I even saw it. :)  ::)

BTW, Casewell Plating is somewhat close to were I live.

Hey, sorry about asking you to install another machine in your cramped quarters. I keep forgetting how small some of your shops are over there. I'm surprised how much the Bog's got into his small shop. See I've got six acres over here to hid stuff, plus about 2300sq. ft. basement. Also have a 2 car garage that should fit 2 full size vehicles. At present the wife is lucky to get her VW Golf in and be able to open the door. See, "stuff" keeps following me home.  ;)

Bernd

P.S. I'm going to have to try that polishing technique sometime. I've got a polishing wheel around here somewere. Just need to make a mandrel to mount it in the lathe.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version