Author Topic: x2 tramming  (Read 21035 times)

Offline krymis

Re: x2 tramming
« Reply #25 on: December 10, 2010, 02:28:15 PM »
Very good!

Have you thought about filling the column with an epoxy/sand/gravel mix to help stiffen and dampen the mill?

Eric

brass,
i teach a composites class and will be using this as a topic in the class.  So yes i already have the west system  and just need to get the granite.  I used bob warfeilds cnccookbook for the formula. 

As for the tram it took me all of about 10 min to get everything with in .001 of all axis.  This has been one hell of a learning experience.  At least when i pick my new one up next week i will be able to tram it with out any issues.   

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #26 on: December 10, 2010, 02:43:30 PM »
Very good! Will you post the info here when you do the fill? I will be looking to do it myself in the next few months.

Eric
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline krymis

« Reply #27 on: December 10, 2010, 03:33:52 PM »
i sure will.  i will do a write up and some videos as i am playing with moviemaker now and have a digital video camera rather than my phone camera.

Online Brass_Machine

• Administrator
« Reply #28 on: December 10, 2010, 03:37:27 PM »
Cool. I was going to use Bob's formula as well. I have enough epoxy here, just need the mix.

Did the tombstone plate help at all?
Science is fun.

We're all mad here. I'm mad. You're mad.

Offline krymis

« Reply #29 on: December 13, 2010, 11:12:12 AM »

Offline krymis

« Reply #30 on: December 13, 2010, 12:14:59 PM »
welp i finally had it and went and got the guys from our machining department.  They came over and did an x sweep and a y sweep and said you are trammed already so i guess with everything tightened down i am in tram....i hate being done and not knowing it.