Author Topic: Welding,Cutting & Heating Guide  (Read 3364 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Welding,Cutting & Heating Guide
« on: August 09, 2008, 06:44:56 AM »
Welding,Cutting & Heating Guide
By Victor equipment company
copyright©1977
Booklet soft cover,
Victor is now thermadyne and here is there PDF download page for parts and service manuals http://www.thermadyne.com/victor/component/option,com_doclib/Itemid,271/

Most jump right in to Oxygen/fuel cutting no matter which flavor you prefer.
With little thought or knowledge of the correct parameters for getting the job done correctly and economically.
I have to admit that I to fell in to this group to. I picked this up and it was years before I sat down and read it. It was amazing what I didn't know!

* General Safety Information, the things to keep you safe
    * Industrial Gases, in addition to the usual suspects their was and is a whole group of fuel gases for cutting specialized work
    * Oxy/Fuel Apparatus Description and Function, all the bits and pieces
    * Setting Up the Equipment for Welding, from the cylinder out to adjusting the flame
    * Welding Procedures, from metal prep to when you finish
    * Setting the Equipment for Cutting,from cylinders to flame adjustment and piercing
    * Oxy/Fuel Cutting Operations from tip selection to how to achieve a quality cut
    * Operational and Performance Data,charts, charts, charts, From a chart on the correct pressures and cutting tip sizing with the different fuel gases To orifice and drill size and finally the pressure drop and amount of correction in the hose sets to achieve the proper working pressure at the torch
    * And finally a very complete glossary of gas welding terminology

They have an abundance of parts operating manuals in PDF format their web site. Don't know which one the above booklet is but the information will be in one or more of their others.
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen