The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

EasyPIC-6 Development Board

(1/3) > >>

raynerd:
Hi Guys

I don`t know if this is of any interest to any of you but I got my EasyPIC 6 dev board a few days ago and I`m thrilled with it. It really is a super slick bit of kit! Ease of use is just immense! I had it running and programming within about 5 minutes of plugging it in and installing MikroC.

Here is my vid of a few clips of me playing around with the board and its functions:

I`m not going to do a huge review as there are already a few out there by people much more knowledgeable than me but I`m just going to mention some of the bits that I like ...

This board has an inbuilt COG LCD display so a display is always on hand:

It of course has the LCD port as well so you can have a second display (or more likely use the COG for debugging). Mikro only sell a 2 x 20 char display but I purchased a couple of 4x20 LCDs of ebay for about £5 and my mate soldered a standard IDE socket on the back - it plugs into the board just fine. You can see it in use in the video along with the COG.

It also has an expansion port, which obviously expands the number of available ports. As of yet I`ve never filled the available pins on a 40 pin PIC so have no use for it yet but it does the job. The COG is actually attached to this so you have to enable the expansion port to get the COG to work.

Also, the easyPic6 has the new matrix keypad which is a really smart extra! Along with the direction and button pad below. I am sure this will come in very useful and saves having to buy the add-on matrix pad.

It also has some "cool" improvements over the earlier models such as an ice blue "program" LED - which of course makes programming go much more smoothly   :lol:

I have just purchased the G-LCD with touch screen adaptor but as of yet I`ve not even plugged it in. I`ve heard very good things about it.

I have seen the Arduino development boards a few weeks ago and had the opportunity to play around with one for a couple of hours and for both ease of use and actual board content, the Mikroelectronica stuff blew it away in comparison - IMO!

andyf:
For me, clicking on the video link brings up "This video contains content from WMG, who have decided to block it in your country".

:scratch: :scratch: :scratch:

Andy

EDIT: PS Google reveals that WMG stands, among other things, for Warner Music Group, and shows they have a copyright department. It seems that "walls have ears"!

tumutbound:

--- Quote from: andyf on January 28, 2010, 07:36:40 PM ---For me, clicking on the video link brings up "This video contains content from WMG, who have decided to block it in your country".

--- End quote ---

I get the same problem, be interesting to know just what countries it is playable in.

I got a PIC development board last year from   Tech Toys in Hong Kong. Easy to use, lots of features and cheap.

Andrew_D:

--- Quote from: andyf on January 28, 2010, 07:36:40 PM ---For me, clicking on the video link brings up "This video contains content from WMG, who have decided to block it in your country".

--- End quote ---

Can't view it in Canada...

Andrew

Bernd:
Same here in the USA.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version