Author Topic: The Sajo mill is here  (Read 87211 times)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
Re: The Sajo mill is here
« Reply #125 on: August 24, 2010, 10:04:03 AM »
Nice progress since you recieved the mill back in January.

As far as your milling I can only think that something moved. Perhaps the piece of aluminum moved on you.

For the small amount you took off I don't think the weight of the mill table would have caused those steps. Hopefuly there will be a few more memebers giving their advice.

The rebuild with paint job looks good. :thumbup:  You should have a "like new" mill when done.  :beer:

Bernd

Route of the Black Diamonds

Offline Trion

« Reply #126 on: September 04, 2010, 03:27:01 AM »
Thanks Bernd :)

After having milled a bit, i believe some of the irregularities come from that the tram is not perfect, and I milled each step with about 90% of the cutter width, making the ridge extra high. When I now progress about 50% of the cutter width for each pass, I get a much smoother finish.

To answer the two other questions I had:
- 0,20mm (and other thicknesses) and 400mm long shim stock can be had at tool stores. They actually sell feeler gauges on a 3m roll for next to nothing. When I'm done with the current milling project, I'm going to measure the gap at the gib and buy a suiting roll.
- To make the mill table flat and shiny, would require fly cutting I believe. But this is not to be done before I have shimmed all gibs to a nice snug fit, and if the ways are overly worn, I'm going to have to consider disassembling the table and having them scraped. I know nothing about scraping, so any advice is well appreciated.

Now over to my new project for the mill. It is actually a project for the lathe, but it requires a lot of usage of the mill, and I have learnt a bit about milling by making it, so I thought I'd post it here.

As of now, I do not have a parting blade that I can use on my lathe. The big one in front on the picture is so large that if I were to mill down the holder to get it to the centre height, the mounting shoulder would only be 5mm thick afterwards, and the small one is for 25mm high blades, while I only have a 20mm blade. So I went searching for a lump of steel, and drew a c-o-c :dremel:

As I don't have other ways of cutting steel than the angle grinder, I figured I'd try to do like AdeV and part it on the mill. I used some water cut plates of stainless as paralells, scribed a parting line and put my only 8mm carbide roughing endmill in the collet chuck.

Locking the X-axis ways, I took 2mm passes at about 800rpm and 100mm/min if I remember correctly.

Until I eventually ran out of space

I then moved the end mill out long enough to be able to cut through the part. I then slowed down the feed a bit and progressed with 1mm passes, until I was about to cut through. As I have very few endmills, I thought I'd try to be as carefull as possible when parting of, so I made a through cut from each side towards the middle, but left a few mm of steel standing out. Then I just wiggled the loose piece until It came of

Afterwards I progressed to my 16mm end mill and shaved of 0,5mm in hope for a nice finish. Well the result was OK, nothing more.

Not changing the setup in the vise, I progressed and milled the top flat aswell.

I then flipped the part over and milled down the third side, which has a starting hole from the water jet, so I had to mill it down 3-4mm. I believe I used 540rpm, 110mm/min feed and 1,5mm depth of cut on a 16mm HSS endmill.

When that surface was fine, I also milled down the last surface, and placed it in the vise for cutting in the X-direction

The part was 37mm wide, I needed a 20mm slot, but settled for 19mm before finishing cuts. Subtracting 19 from 37, and dividing by 2, I reckoned I should have a 9mm edge on both sides of the slot. I started the mill, moved it close to the surface, put a piece of paper between and cranked the Y-axis handle until it just grabbed the paper. I then moved the Z-axis down, to avoid starting a cut, and progressed the Y-axis handle 0,10mm further. I then assumed I was at the edge of the piece.
Next step was moving in the 9mm, plus the cutter diameter. I didn't use my head, so I figured since i used a 16mm collet, the end mill would also have to be 16mm, so I cranked the Y-axis handle 25mm and made the first cut. To avoid backlash between cuts, I made the first cut 3mm deep, then moved the Y-axis (in the same direction as I started, to take out the full turn of backlash ::)) handle 3mm and took the remaining cut. But when I tried fitting the parting blade, I expected it not to fit as the slot shoudl be 19mm, but instead, it slid in and still hade some room to wiggle. :bang:
After going through my calculations for the fourth time, I figured the only thing that could be wrong would have to be the endmill, and yes it was. Though the shank is 16mm, the cutting diameter is closer to 18mm :wack:

Before I started this project, I had drawn up many different concepts of how to make it. I initially settled for trying to make it similar to the Sandvik holder I already had, only 5mm shorter, but this mistake eliminated that option. My other option then became to mill an angled surface above the parting blade and fit a plate to hold down the parting blade.
So out came my fancy angle measurement kit :lol:

After the first pass, I decided 45 degrees was too steep, so I reduced it to something that looked more sensible. I have no clue what the angle is ::)

After finishing the angled surface, I decided to drill mounting holes for the screws to hold down the plate. I thought I'd do it the proper way, and marked up the centre line, put in the centre drill and started on drilling a hole. About 5 seconds in, this happened :bang:

I tried to get the broken piece out, but there was no way it was coming loose, so I had to drill the centre hole off centre. That's going to annoy me a bit..
Anyways, here are the holes drilled to 7mm, in the lack of a 6,8mm drill, as they are going to be tapped M8.

This is progress as off today. Next time, I'm tapping the holes and hopefully making the fixing plate.
Should I make the fixing plate of steel or aluminium? I was thinking about using aluminium to avoid damaging the edge of the blade, or is the tensile strenght of the HSS so much larger than for steel, that it's not going to be a problem?
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 03:48:36 AM by Trion »

Offline SemiSkilled

« Reply #127 on: September 09, 2010, 04:56:28 PM »
 Hi, This thread might help you remove the broken center drill.

http://bbs.homeshopmachinist.net/showthread.php?t=38719

Lee.
You're right, it does look easy when its finished.

Offline DICKEYBIRD

• Collierville, TN ya'll
« Reply #128 on: September 09, 2010, 08:48:04 PM »
Beautiful restoration you're doing Trion!  A very solid piece of kit you have there.

I'm worried about the amount of grease you put in your spindle bearing.  I just went through a spindle bearing clean & repack job on my little X-3 and had problems afterwards with it heating up way too much on the higher speed settings.  I kept taking it back apart and resetting the bearing preload (looser) over & over until it ran barely warm.  Then it had noticeable side-to-side play!

Turns out I had packed my bearing full with grease as it looks like you did yours.  I'm a car guy too and like to pack wheel bearings full.  It turns out the bearing manufacturers say to pack spindle bearings only (approx) 1/3 full to prevent excessive friction and heat buildup.  I took mine back apart, cleaned out the extra grease and reassembled it 1/3 full of grease.  The problem was absolutely cured!  I learned a tough lesson on that project.  A little bit of grease goes a long way.

If I have mis-interpreted your picture, ignore the above.:)

Cheers!
Milton in Tennesee

"Accuracy is the sum total of your compensating mistakes."

Offline Davo J

« Reply #129 on: September 10, 2010, 04:54:34 AM »
Keep up the good :thumbup:
I fully agree with the post above about to much grease.

I just reread the thread to see if you used precision bearings or standard bearings as replacements, but I cant find a info on it.
I am just wondering as I am doing my mill Chinese HM52 mill at the moment and have found the taper precision bearings to be really expensive, around $100-$200 more each bearing. I think the factory only put standard bearings in mine, but yours would have come with precision bearings standard.

Dave

Offline Trion

« Reply #130 on: September 10, 2010, 03:07:44 PM »
Thanks for the reply people. I am also a car guy, and I felt I had been on the cheap side when putting on the grease as shown in the picture. Actually, that is just smeared on the outside of the bearing. So I gave it some 10-15 additional pumps with the grease pump when it was assembled and running ::)
To save the last bits of my socalled "machinist" pride, I did at some time think that the bearings might get hot with too much grease, but I have not felt any heat build up at all until now..

I have not heard of precision bearings, only regular bearings.

Offline Davo J

« Reply #131 on: September 10, 2010, 09:29:52 PM »
There is a good right up here about precision taper bearings.
http://www.candlepowerforums.com/vb/showthread.php?t=281020

Dave

Offline Trion

« Reply #132 on: September 11, 2010, 01:28:20 PM »
Thanks for the reply, though it seems that I have no access since I'm not a member.
btw. Semiskilled: I read through the thread you linked to about removing a broken centre drill, good stuff. Now I know what to do when the other side breaks :lol:

Progress :D

I tapped the holes to M8 and drilled a suiting piece of flat steel to use as a clamping plate

Quick assembly showing how it is intended to be

I then removed the blade and mounted the holder in the vise. There I milled down the side surfaces of the clamping plate

Then I milled down the mounting shank to give the holder a 16mm shank and centre height

The finished shank ended up to be 16,03 +/1 0,01mm high. I could not believe my measurements, as the milling was done by using  0,10mm thick paper as feeler gauge for height and distance and the rest was lef to the graduations on the handwheels. Not to mention my dodgy parallels :bugeye:

Tada :)

Then it was ready for a test. Obviously, the shape of the blade was not intended for parting, but the testing would still show if there were some mistakes in the design

And there was one. I had not milled the surface for the clamping plate low enough, so the blade could still move when pushed onto a shaft of steel. So I found a shim and put it between the blade and the clamp

Then I reground the parting edge and parted of a 20mm steel shaft at the slowest feed possible, adding droplets of cutting oil the whole time. The chips broke very nicely :)

Here's the cutting shape. The front face is made at a slight angle, such that the part that is to be parted off, falls off first, then the small knob on the shaft is turned down

The surface was very nice, though I should have wiped of the cutting oil before taking the picture :bang:

Today I felt like starting on a new project, and the mill despearately needed a cover for the Y and Z-axis ways

I drew a quick c-o-c and found a suting piece of aluminium. I have no "engineers blue", but permanent marker does the same job :thumbup:

Cut of the excessive piece with the hack saw

Milled it down to a square shank and cut the 50 degree tapered face also with the hack saw

Then I cleaned up the cut faces

Finally I lined up both tapered pieces in the vise, to mill the 50degree taper properly.

I figured since I have this fancy angular head, I might aswell use it, so I set it up for milling at 50 degrees

The end mill was just a bit too short to mill the whole surface, but I didn't bother

I set the head back to 0 degrees (didn't tram it though) and milled the edge flat

I had already found a suiting piece of flat aluminium previously, and after a bit of lining up, i clamped one of the angular blocks to the plate

Then I dug out my TIG welder and got it going at about 95A on AC

On the other end of the bar I welded on a semi-square piece of aluminium which I had cut of previously

Then I drilled and tapped two holes, one M6 and one M8. The M6 screw holds the angular block onto the plate, while the M8 screw pushes the block towards the other

And then I trial fitted it

You can just see the back of the M6 screw sticking out of the surface.

Then I found the designated rubber and bent a piece of 1mm aluminium plate around the edge I wanted to screw onto the mounting profile I just made

Then I drilled a lot of 3mm holes, tapped them to M4 and put on screws. This is seen from the front

And this is from the back

Then it was ready to mount on the mill

I removed the old rubber way cover and used the exisiting holes and bracket to mount the new cover to the table. I also found a longer M8 screw and welded on some mickey mouse ears to make it easy to use. I have made it this way, beacause the rubber cover is not long enough for the table to be able to move all the way down to the floor, so now I can easily move the cover with the table the few times I need it to be that low.
I must say, I'm vey pleased with the result :ddb:

Then I got back to the parting blade holder. Mounted it in the vise, semi-aligned it by eye measurement and took a 0,5mm cut. Initially it sounded good, but all of a sudden the noise changed and the cut became very rough. Seems like I forgot about the broken centre drill which still was stuck in it's hole, so now I have made my 16mm endmill dull :doh:

As a quick and dirty fix, I took the holder to the belt sander and sanded down the newly milled surface, cleaned the threads and put it all back together

That's all folks :wave:

Offline Trion

« Reply #133 on: September 13, 2010, 12:49:24 PM »
I managed to squeeze in a few hours of shop time on Sunday morning, here it is:

This mod is by no means necessary, I just felt like welding something and swarf protection still seemed like a hot subject in the shop, so I gathered a few pieces of stainless :dremel:

And welded them together like this.

The cut and bent section of the small pipe is for the part to clamp nicely onto a M16 thread

And here it is in place :ddb:

I still have a lot to learn about fillet welding with the TIG welder, as you can see on the burn marks in the middle of the plate, but it ok for it's purpose :)

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #134 on: September 13, 2010, 01:39:35 PM »
Hey, those welds look pretty darn good. Better than mine.  :thumbup:

Bernd

Offline Trion

« Reply #135 on: September 15, 2010, 04:15:48 PM »
Thanks Bernd, though the outer weld is just melting the two plates together. The fillet weld which holds the smaller pipe to the plate is far from that nice ::)

Here's a small update for you all

I have been thinking about making a whole bunch of T-slot nuts and blanks for future use, so I found a proper sized piece of steel, a 20mm indexable end mill with fresh inserts and milled it down. I started at the far end of the plate and worked my way back and forth with 10mm wide cuts. Dept of cut was about 0,5mm. I used about 500rpm and 110mm/min feed and ended up with this finish

It is a bit wavy on the middle of the plate, but at each end there are noticeable deep grooves, so I knocked on the dial indicator to measure the height differences, without changing the setup since the milling was done.

A close-up of the finished surface, showing very irregular cutting patterns. The wider spots are low, while the small spots are high.

Set the DI at 0 on a high spot

On a low spot, it is measuring about 0,04mm (0,0016") lower.

When i milled it, I took care to lock the Y-axis before every cut. I also tried to switch on the backlash eliminator on the X-axis but I guess this is worn out, judging by the lack of resistance in the lever.
The way I see it, the contributors to this poor finish might be X and Z axis wear, do you agree? Other suggestions?

Offline AdeV

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #136 on: September 15, 2010, 05:47:52 PM »
It looks to me (from my position as a bit of a newbie) that your mill is out of tram:

Where the mill has "dropped off" the edge of the plate, it looks like there's a significant ridge, with the right-hand-side of the mill (as it appears in the photo) cutting lower than the left. At a guess, this could be your knee drooping forward? Or the head being tipped slightly forward.

What I definitely don't know is why you're getting that "fall off" at the edges...
Cheers!
Ade.
--
Occasionally: Zhengzhou, China. An even longer way from anywhere...

Offline cidrontmg

« Reply #137 on: September 15, 2010, 07:12:21 PM »
To another newbie, it sure does look like the tram really is a bit off. And that there is some play in the quill axially. The quill seems to drop a bit when part of the milling cutter passes the workpiece edge. I.e., it no longer is "supported" for its whole perimeter. And it seems to drop more as more and more teeth become unsupported. Something in the quill is not spot on. Either there´s play in the bearings, the knee flexes, or ???.   :scratch:
 :wave:
Olli
Penafiel
Portugal

Offline Bernd

• Madmodder Committee
  • 1915 C Cab
    • Kingstone Model Works
« Reply #138 on: September 15, 2010, 08:18:21 PM »
Looks more like chip drag on the back side of the cutter. Try getting the size down to within a few thousands and then switch to a fly cutter. This will tell you if the head is out of tram.

I also get a finish like that on my Bridgeport. I'm sure the tram is out by a .001" (.039mm) or so. I'm not to worried about that.. I'd be more concerened that the part comes out square and parallel.

Bernd

Offline Trion

« Reply #139 on: September 16, 2010, 03:12:01 AM »
Thanks for the quick reply! :nrocks:

AdeV: The tram is problably contributing quite a bit. Thoug I trammed the head right before making this cut. Unfortunately tramming is very hard to get right because the table is so full of marks, the indicator needle will easily wobble about 3-4/100mm around the places I am measuring. I try to measure on the highest flats, as I believe this might be original table height.
I will try to tighten all the screws on the head and ram to see if it helps. But since the cut was only 0,5mm, I find it hard to believe that anything would flex.

cidrontmg: Axial play makes sense, but I sure don't hope it is that, as I just rebuilt the head. Maybe I need to tighten the bearings a bit more, as they have got some time to run in now. I will try this the next time I'm in the shop!
There is quite a bit of wear on the X-axis ways, could it be that the full cut forces the table down a bit, and when the cutter is exiting the pressure is reduced and the table is allowed to move up a slight bit?

Bernd: Chip drag, one of those things I would not have thought of! A fly cutter is on my to-do list, but it comes quite a while after making T-slot nuts and end stops for the lathe. But I'll try it when it's time :dremel:

Offline Trion

« Reply #140 on: October 03, 2010, 04:08:13 AM »
Last time I was working with the mill, I checked for play in vertical direction on both the head and the table, could not find any in the head and the play in the table required quite a bit of force to be set in motion, which I don't believe could have been caused by a 0,5mm cut. The tram is still very far out, but as said, I have difficulties adjusting it better as of now, but I think I may have come up with a solution which should let me adjust it properly. **

But when I was beginning to part of the piece into suiting T-slot width with my 8mm carbide roughing endmill, the head started making some very bad squeaking sounds, as if a bearing was running dry or with some chips in it. So I decided to disassemble the head to search for the error. Luckily I had made the gear fit into a tight sliding fit, so the spindle didn't need much persuation before it came out :)

Having everything on the table, I was not able to find the error. But upon assembly, I had the mill running and tightened the main and upper bearings until they were making a nice sound. To loose and it would sound like crunching, too tight and they would squeal, so I aimed at the middle which has been good till now.

The battery on the camera went flat, but I continued and milled the T-slot shape. Now I just need to cut the t-slot bar into suting lengths to become t-slut nuts. So last week I bought a chinese 12x9 band saw. Will do a write up on that when I begin to improve it :dremel:

** To tram the head when the table is so rough, I want to mount a plate in the vise, make a cut in the X direction and then mount the tramming tool on the cut surface without moving the Y-axis at all, so I'll be measuring in the lowest spot of the cut. Adjust the tram util there is no deviation, then mount an end mill and make a cut in the Y-direction and then adjust the tram after that. After a few iterations i better have it pretty close :scratch:

Offline Trion

« Reply #141 on: October 17, 2010, 02:25:33 PM »
I have made a bit of progress this weekend too :)

Bought a cheap emergency stop button and fitted it to the mill

Threaded a few of the T-slot nuts to M16

Got sick of drilling on the mill, changing collets for each drill size, so I began to use the old drill press. This one also needs some improvement, one day when I have much time to spare ::)

I tapped a total of 4 t-slot nuts to M16 threads. Will mount them on a later occasion.

Next I thought I'd try making a conventional type HSS fly cutter, so I found a piece of steel that had a ugly hole in it.

Being so eager to try sawing at an angle, i gave no thought about later machining and prepared the saw for the cut

Working just fine :)

And the finished piece. I'm quite pleased, considering the blade is very worn

What I was not so pleased about, was my lack of thinking. This odd shaped part became very inconvenient to mount in my lathes chuck, as I wanted to drill a mounting hole through the rear surface of it :bang:
So I turned it a bit on the length, just for some shinyness ::)

While I was working at the lathe, I had got the saw working on its next task: new vise jaws :D
There is no problem in making them in mild steel, right?

Offline Trion

« Reply #142 on: October 18, 2010, 03:36:34 PM »
The making of the fly cutter continues :)

I mounted the workpiece in the vise, just aligned by eye measurement

Drilled a hole roughly at centre. My larger drills have MT2 taper, so I had to use the biggest end mill my collet chuck would allow (20mm)

Next I found a suiting piece of bar stock, cut it to length and mounted in the lathe

Turned the OD to 19,97mm and faced of the end.

This part is intended to sit the other way around, but lacking proper tooling to measure bores, I used this with some brass foil of 0,025mm

I used this to roughly estimate the ID of the bore to 20,03mm

Next i turned the opposite end of the shaft to 20,10mm, making a 0,07mm press fit

As I don't have a shop press, I decided to use som heat to ease the assembly process

After heating the part for about 10 minutes I bashed the shaft into the hole. But again, I was lacking of planning. I used both a plastic and a steel hammer, but the steel hammer destroyet the upper part of my nicely turned mounting surface :bang:

I ground the excess metal of on the bench grinder. Then I milled a flat on the part

Drilled to 6mm, as deep as the drill would go

In order to accept this thingy. I do not know what they are called in english, the norwegian translation is something like "tension pin". Anyways, this is 6,5mm while the hole is 6, making for a nice tight fit

To hit such pins in place, special punches with an extending centre knob are used. I tried making my own, but it obviously wasn't hard enough. It took a lot of hammering to get it in place, but now it should secure the fly cutter quite safely to the mounting shaft

With that being done, I felt secure enough to mount it in the lathe. There I turned down the OD until I had removed the rusty hole from the starting jet (when the part was initially water cut)

Back on the mill, ready to mill the flat surface. Again roughly aligned by eye measurement ::)

This was a good opportunity to test out my new carbide end mills. Here's the 20mm one taking a 10mm deep cut :beer:

To make the centre cut I used a 16mm end mill. Initially I am going to use a 12mm HSS blank, but I like the ability to change, plus some room for shimming etc.

I suddenly became aware of what time it was, and it was approaching Top Gear time, fast. So I hurried on and tapped 3 holes to M8, mounted a few set screws with copper paste on the threads, roughly ground the tool bit, and got going :)

Not overly beautiful, but very functional and sized proportional to the mill. I'm happy

Taking its first cut. Tram is obviously way out.

Need to shim the tool bit to centre position, grind it a bit nicer and tram the head properly. But it works :beer:

Offline Trion

« Reply #143 on: October 29, 2010, 03:57:22 AM »
Here's my go at tramming the head.

On the newly cut surface I put on my 0,001mm (0,00004") indicator and played around until I had almost no movement at all

Then I put in a piece in the Y-direction and fly cut this. Afterwards I got out the tramming tool and trammed it until I was satisfied.

Then I sharpened the tool bit before I got going on a proper sized lump of steel. Somehow, the tram isn't perfect yet as you can see on the cutting marks (tool is moving from left to right)

At one end I got overlapping marks which should indicate that things are spot on

But on the other end it seemed to be a different story. :scratch:
My conclusion is that something in the Z direction is moving. The Y-axis was locked during the cut.

Offline cidrontmg

« Reply #144 on: October 29, 2010, 12:10:28 PM »
Weird. The tramming must be very near to spot on, or the fly cutter wouldn´t be leaving the desired marks at the right half. Have you tried running it another time back and forth without increasing the Z feed? If there´s chip dragging (and there might be, you´re doing it dry), give the cutter tip a wipe with a fine stone (without removing the cutter...) and try running it again, two passes with no Z feed. And see if it changes in appearance. Chances are it will. It will be smoother anyway!
 :wave:
Olli
Penafiel
Portugal

Offline Trion

« Reply #145 on: October 29, 2010, 01:14:01 PM »
cidrontmg: Thanks for the reply, will try this the next time I'm in the shop! :dremel:

I did try fly cutting some aluminum also, the cutting marks were almost invisible afterwards. (the part has been wiped of with a semi clean towel, hence the longditual marks)

Offline Trion

« Reply #146 on: November 11, 2010, 03:13:25 AM »
This post was lost during the server problems on the forum, but here's it again.

Last week I bought a bit of wood

Removed the vise, cleaned the table and dug out my freshly made T-slot nuts

Then I dialed in the vise

And finally the wood was cut into a suiting shape, making for a table cover.

Then I gave it a coat of clear paint

Since I could not go on with the milling cidrontmg suggested, as I didn't want chips in the paint, I started looking at the gibs. Here's the X-axis gib

This is the kind of wear I'm working with :poke:

The gib was initially tightened as far as it would go, but I still felt the table was a bit sloppy. Luckily I had bought two 3 metre rollls of feeler gauge, one 0,20mm and one 0,50mm. I cut a piece of 0,20mm and cleaned of the burrs on the ends

I also noticed that the gib was numbered

The same number could be found on the knee

And even on the machine. That must be a good thing

I then mounted the X-axis gib with the feeler gauge, and adjusted the tightness to what I felt was good.
Next up was the Y-axis gib

Same numbere here aswell

I shimmed the Y-axis gib with 0,50mm feeler gauge. This made it nice and tight, although extremely tight at the ends.
Finally I also managed to jiggle out the Z-axis gib. I was worried the table would move in all kinds of directions, but luckly it stayed put

Cleaned it up

On the back side it had a locating ridge

So I had to use two strips of 0,20mm feeler gauge

And guess what, same number here too :beer:

Then I mounted the Z-axis gib and tightened as I thought was necessary. My impression is that the machine has become a lot less sloppier, but the overload clutches on the feed have tripped a few times when moving to the far ends of either X- or Y-axis :doh:

Yesterdays contribution to the woodworking was me making a mounting rack for the ER32 collets

It also got a coat of clear paint. A couple more and the parts should be ready.
« Last Edit: November 11, 2010, 03:15:43 AM by Trion »

Offline Trion

« Reply #147 on: November 14, 2010, 03:39:57 AM »
Not much machining going on lately, as I'm reorganizing the shop to make room for my latest addition. Will give more info on it later, but I can say as much as that it's Swedish, made out of cast iron, and it was _free_!! :D
All it has to do now, is to travel the 950km to my shop ::)

But the paint on my wooden covers has dried, so here's a picture for you

There isn't much that can beat the look of fresh paint

And here's my ER32 collet rack. Made space for some extra collets, as I'm looking to buy spares of the most used sizes 8,10,12,16,20 at least.

As said, more info when the new addition comes, oh the excitement! :)

Offline dsquire

• In Memoriam
  • Kitchener, Ontario, Canada
« Reply #148 on: November 14, 2010, 07:47:55 AM »
Trion

I always look forward to your updates on getting the mill into shape ect. Now I see that your are going to expand your machine or tool selection. Let me make the first guess.  :doh: Is it a shapper? Now I'll just have to patiently wait until it makes the 950km trip to its new home.   :coffee:

Cheers  :beer:

Don
Good, better, best.
Never let it rest,
'til your good is better,
and your better best

Offline Trion

« Reply #149 on: November 14, 2010, 10:51:54 AM »
Don, thanks for the kind words, they are good motivation for keeping on :wave:
But I will not reveal the type of machine, before I get it.

And for those of you thinking, "He should rather be making stuff instead of just buying all the time." Your are absolutely right, but I have an urge to buy stuff that seems like a good bargain. Call it a illness if you want :lol: