Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

a nine cylinder radial engine, plans by "ageless engines"

<< < (2/29) > >>

madjackghengis:
Well, I got some photos on photo bucket, and we'll see how well my computer skills rack up.  I just finished some parts, but let me put the main part, the crankcase. 

crankshafter:

--- Quote from: madjackghengis on January 14, 2010, 11:02:16 AM ---Well, I got some photos on photo bucket, and we'll see how well my computer skills rack up.  I just finished some parts, but let me put the main part, the crankcase. 

--- End quote ---
Hi mad jack.
Nice work :thumbup:
Ps: Let the pictures flow :worthless: :nrocks: :nrocks:

Crankshafter.

madjackghengis:
I tried to post multiple pictures, but failed, so I'm putting up another post, and see what happens.  When I was power tapping the 18 holes for the front cover, I broke the tap on number 17.  I figured tig welding as the best remedy, and tig welded a nice sized bead on the end of the tap, and managed to get it out with minimal damage after three or four tries with the tig torch.  It helped to heat the case with a propane torch while turning on the bead with vise grips.  I had the same problem with the front cover, one ought to learn from mistakes rather than just get better at making them, really.

sbwhart:
Great pictures and work Madjack  :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:

Judging by the rule alongside the crankcase its going to be a stonking big model.

Look forward to watching the build

Have fun

Stew

NickG:
Wow, this is huge!  :jaw: Excellent work!  :thumbup:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version