Home Base > Announcements & Issues

A note about message boards...

<< < (3/3)

Brass_Machine:

--- Quote from: Spurry on June 11, 2011, 08:37:04 AM ---Ralph

I don't know about you, but I really enjoyed reading about the robots too. :wave:

Pete

--- End quote ---

Yup. Robots too. Have a look at the date though when Ralph wrote that response... 12/2009  :beer: That was when we had less than 1/2 the members we have now. The post variety wasn't quite as wide then as it is now.

The original post though is valid though!  :smart:

Divided he ad:

--- Quote ---Have a look at the date though when Ralph wrote that response... 12/2009   :beer: That was when we had less than 1/2 the members we have now. The post variety wasn't quite as wide then as it is now.
--- End quote ---

Ahh, yes.... I remember way back then.When I were just a slip of a lad, July 19th 2008. My first posts.....   Things were so simple then....  I even nearly looked like I knew what I was doing!  :lol: 

Well, I have always had a thing about the lack of a kind of inflection on text based communication, it's easy to miss-interpret what has been written based on your mood when reading.... I've been in some odd situations due to quite innocent texts being read in a different way to which they were written!   :palm:  (no, not telling!)

Point being... I still agree with and try to follow the concept of the opening post  :thumbup:

Ralph.

Hobby-Machinist:
What a great message, Eric!

Now...the hard part...following it- that is ALWAYS the hard part!

:)

Nelson

AndyB:
Hi all,

yes, I realise that I am a bit late adding to this but just want to agree wholeheartedly. :med:

Use the emoticons, they show what is missing with the lack of oral and facial inflection...you can tell that I used to be an English teacher :lol: :lol: :lol:

Andy

Brass_Machine:
Bumped for old times sake.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version