Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Is this a good idea?

(1/2) > >>

ieezitin:
I have come up with idea, I am very ignorant when it comes to electrical problems and my understanding is very limited. Believe me I have volumes of work in my library on electrics and have read through them all thoroughly but always came away with a lack of understanding. Just recently I had a problem with a pump which in turn has been probably identified as an electrical problem and without the help of people on here I would have pulled my hair out trying to solve the problem. really my need was not related to modeling ,machining or associated theme of this board.

Now what I am suggesting is there should be category where people could post a wish list of a particular interest in or need of tuition  and or further knowledge on a subject they need teaching in to enhance there understanding.  Then in turn someone could respond with a good tutorial on that subject. There is a wealth of knowledge on this board but I have noticed a lot of browsers too. Maybe someone who normally just browses would be enticed to share his knowledge on the said particular need. One example is myself, I know welding techniques, procedures, the science, Tig, Stick, Mig, Orbital, Submerged Arc the list goes on but may never be aired if you never knew I knew it. I have been in a machine shop for 30 years and I assume most of you know certain procedures in machining, the problem is in the word assuming.

I think your getting my drift and I would encourage the members to respond with there opinions.

Anthony.

Darren:
This boards purpose is deliberately open minded towards different disciplines.

If you want to know something about anything craft related then all you really need to do is ask as you did with your pump problem  :thumbup:

And as I did with bearings recently ....

But it could be just about anything inc the kitchen sink washers ....  :dremel:

The "how do I" section should cover what you suggest, unless I'm missing your meaning ?

Bernd:
Anthony,

I have to agree with Darren.

If we keep adding sections it would get quite large and probably unmanageable. Also the opposite is true. If everything is kept in just one section that would also grow larger eventually and subjects would be hard to find.

This subject has been touched on before I believe. I don't think there is a good solution to this question that would satisfy both parties (mods & memebers).

Perhaps something good will come out of this discussion.

Bernd

raynerd:
I think this is an excellent.

What about a sticky thread at the top of the How To`s forum called "How To... Requests" or something similar and if people can respond to the requests in there they may be more inclined to post a tutorial?

Chris

spuddevans:
And what about another sticky thread at the top of the How-To section listing all the how-to's already written with links to each one? Sort of like an index?

Then all the how-to's could be found from the 1st page.

Tim

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version