The Craftmans Shop > Model Engineering

Steam siren

(1/3) > >>

Powder Keg:
I never ever even thought of building one of these. Until a chap from the UK sent me some plans for one. There are only a few parts so I thought I would build one in my spare time. Friday after work I cut out the lever, that opens the valve, on the CNC mill. The original plans were quarter scale. I'm doubling everything for a half scale version. It's still pretty small. It looks like a fairly straight forward project. Compromising of mainly lathe work there are only a couple pieces that require a mill.

Here is the lever that I made.

I'll update this as photos become available:o)

Wes

Powder Keg:
Managed to squeze a bit of work on this in today. I started on the valve body. This is the bottom end. It will have a 1" hex machined on the end of it.

I have to drill and tap the end for a 1/2" pipe thread. I like to do that first, While I still have something substantial to hold onto.

Later, Wes

Powder Keg:
There are several examples on you tube here is one.

and another.

I thhink these are fairly unusual? I have never seen or heard one before. Better reason for me to make one:o0

Later, Wes

Powder Keg:
I Think part of the fun in building something is researching it. Here is another Video. I think these guys were having a bit of fun:o)

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=4923944683991053650

Wes

Brass_Machine:
Very very cool.

What are you going to power it with?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version