The Craftmans Shop > Model Engineering

1925 Case 65 hp. traction engine (small version)

(1/3) > >>

gbritnell:
Gentlemen, this is the small version of a Case traction engine. I used the plans from my 1/12 Case engine and scaled it down. It's about 1/75 scale. Just a little larger than HO. It will run on compressed air but the piping is so restrictive that will only run on about 25 lbs. Most of the small fasteners are 1x.25 mm. The hardest part was making the rear wheels. Being that the cleats are layed out at an angle to the wheel axis I couldn't just turn them at an angle and cut them. I mounted the stock in my dividing head, turned the head at the appropriate angle then cut one side of each cleat with a degree cutter, then repeated that for the other side of the cleat. I then made a cut between each of the cuts to remove the extra material. The dividing head was then turned to do the other row, same procedure. After machining I went back in between each cleat and filed the contour with a needle file.
George

dsquire:
George

I hardly know what to say.  It looks like a nice model until you see the quarter sitting there and realize that it is 1/72 scale. Then it becomes "Oh my gosh, how could he do that?". A very nice model that you can be proud of George. Thanks for sharing it with us. :ddb: :ddb:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Bernd:
George,

What a beautiful model.  :jaw: That is excellence in modeling. :bugeye:

The detail is outstanding. Can't believe it actually works. Thanks for sharing your talent with us.

Don, I'd like to trade all those Canadian quarters you have for Georges US quarters.  :lol:

Bernd

Stilldrillin:
Very nicely done George!  :thumbup:

That`s beautiful!   :clap:

David D

kvom:

--- Quote ---It looks like a nice model until you see the quarter sitting there and realize that it is 1/72 scale.
--- End quote ---
Even more impressive when you know it's a dime and not a quarter.   :clap:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version