Author Topic: New CNC torch mounted today.  (Read 3851 times)

Offline Gadget

New CNC torch mounted today.
« on: December 26, 2009, 05:43:18 PM »
I made a mount for the new CNC plasma torch today and got it mounted to the table. I hope to be able to make a cut tomorrow to try it out.
The torch is a Longevity unit in case you are wondering. It has a pilot arc lead on it so it should work well for CNC. The torch doesn't look true vertical but I have checked it with a level and it is true vertical. The perceived lean is an illusion.

Offline raynerd

• Madmodder Committee
    • Raynerds Projects - Raynerd.co.uk
Re: New CNC torch mounted today.
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2009, 02:04:24 AM »
Excellent work - look forward to watching the video of it cutting!   :poke:

Offline Gadget

New CNC torch video.
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2009, 09:07:17 PM »
Here is the video of the new P80 CNC plasma torch in action. My table didn't like the cold weather and was losing steps so I had to slow it down. Very little bevel and hardly any slag. The only slag on the piece chipped off with a slight bump from a screwdriver.
Plasma cutter is a Longevity ForceCut 80 with the P80 torch. Plate is 3/16" thick. Air pressure was set at 65PSI and current set at 55 amps.

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2009, 05:55:20 AM »
Ooooooo...... Nice!!!  :bugeye:

Don't know why you want all those circles but.... Nice!!!  :ddb:

I know, it has other uses..... Not that daft!   You cutting out a name plate/number for your house soon?  :)

That's quite a chunk of steel to cut too.... Never used a plasma cutter..... very neat compared to a gas cutting torch.  :thumbup:

Looking forward to seeing what you have install for this machine...... (other than top secwet work stuff obviously!  :borg: )

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline Gadget

« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2009, 07:17:13 PM »
The circles will be bottoms for 4" pipe crucibles for my foundry. Don't really need that many but circles are the best way to see if the torch cuts on a bevel. Circle cuts are prone to beveling due to the swirling nature of the plasma jet.