The Shop > Our Shop

New workshop on the (distant) horizon.

(1/3) > >>

John Hill:
We have been looking at houses to buy and nothing that comes close to what we want so we will probably be building.  Building sites are getting smaller! 

I think I need to face having a shop no bigger than a single garage space. :doh:

dsquire:
John

That seems to be the way it is nowadays. Just when you should have a larger shop because you have more time for it the economy comes along and bites you in the a??. I see some of the stuff they are building around here, looks like shoe boxes stood on end. They are built so close together that the only way to the back yard is through the house.  :lol: :lol:

Hope something comes up for you John. :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

chuck foster:
john: good luck with the work shop.

don: my last house you had to carry the lawn mower through the house to get to the back yard and cut the grass,
or have one mower in the back yard and one in the front yard. what a PITA  :doh:

chuck

Weston Bye:

--- Quote from: John Hill on December 09, 2009, 03:08:03 PM ---We have been looking at houses to buy and nothing that comes close to what we want so we will probably be building.  Building sites are getting smaller!  

I think I need to face having a shop no bigger than a single garage space. :doh:

--- End quote ---

John,
We did just that 5 years ago.  I was getting arthritic and had 13 acres, 5 to mow, and a tenth of a mile long driveway.  It was more time and effort with mowing and snow removal than I was enjoying, but I had a 24' x 40' pole barn shop.  We couldn't find a smaller place that suited us so, with the help of our sons-in-law we built a bigger house (nice warm shop included) on a city lot.  The daughters prevailed on us to build a bigger house so that they could have all the family gatherings here.  Has worked out well, no regrets, even with the decision to downsize the shop to 14'x16'.

John Hill:
14'x16' Weston Bye?  I guess that is just a little bigger than I will end up with although decisions have not been made yet.

Yes, we are downsizing everything too,  steep streets and stairs do not go well with old bones and I would rather do it now that later when it might be forced on us.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version