The Shop > Wood & Stuff

Clock Spring Tool

<< < (2/3) > >>

wheeltapper:
Hi
I dont think its for making springs, its used to tension clock springs so they can be taken from and repaced in their holders safely.

cheers
Roy

bry1975:
Those clock mainsprings can easily break ones fingers!  :(

kittikat:
Hi Joe,
     I am going to make a mainspring like you designed. I having been working on clocks since I retired nine years ago. I first bought a Webster winder. Sold it and bought a Ollie Baker style, Needed three hands to operate. Sold Ollie Baker and purchased another Webster. I have a small machine shop. My questions are:

What is the width of the spacer board when you route the barrel teeth mortice?

What is the radius of the mortice cut in the clamps (H)?

What size flat head machine screws do you use for holding the spring while winding?

Thanks

saw:
Very nice thanks for showing.  :clap:

75Plus:

--- Quote from: kittikat on February 24, 2011, 02:24:24 PM ---Hi Joe,
     I am going to make a mainspring like you designed. I having been working on clocks since I retired nine years ago. I first bought a Webster winder. Sold it and bought a Ollie Baker style, Needed three hands to operate. Sold Ollie Baker and purchased another Webster. I have a small machine shop. My questions are:

What is the width of the spacer board when you route the barrel teeth mortice?

What is the radius of the mortice cut in the clamps (H)?

What size flat head machine screws do you use for holding the spring while winding?

Thanks

--- End quote ---

Width of spacer = 1 1/2"
Radius of mortise = 1 3/8" (Depth = 3/16")
Flat head screws = 8-32 X 1/4"

Note to other members !! Kittikat has been provided a set of drawings one of which he has referenced here. (H) These drawings are available on request.

Joe

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version