Author Topic: Decline of Western Civilization  (Read 2947 times)

Offline PTsideshow

• Global Moderator
Decline of Western Civilization
« on: November 26, 2009, 07:02:23 AM »
The decline of western civilization, is upon us. What will they not do next for profit or the so called "Greening" of the planet!  :bugeye:

:doh:
"The internet just a figment, of my imagination!' 

There are only 3 things I can't do!"
Raise the Dead!
        Walk on water!
                 Fix a broken heart!
and I'm working on the first two!
glen

bogstandard

Re: Decline of Western Civilization
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2009, 09:49:00 AM »
It is only because there is not enough to go around, there are a lot more a**eholes in the world now

Bogs

Offline andyf

• In Memoriam
    • The Warco WM180 Lathe - Modifications
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2009, 09:52:57 AM »
What a bummer!

If size matters, how about sawing kitchen rolls in half?

Worse has happened to me in relation to that stuff, though. As a tourist in East Berlin in the late 60s, the inevitable result of drinking their (surprising good) beer took effect. Getting desperate, I saw a large sign saying "Toiletten", so dashed in, only to find men standing 4 deep, waiting their turn at the stones. But the adjacent cubicle was empty, and I was just unzipping in there when a uniformed Klofrau who looked as if she was a Stasi instructress appeared at the open door waving four sheets of the old-fashioned shiny paper, about the size of postage stamps.  :poke: She wouldn't release me until I bought them for some trifling sum.  I've still got 'em somewhere, but no emergency dire enough to use them has yet arisen.

And in a similar vein, I regret having no camera with me more recently in Bremen, where the North German dialect of Plattdeutsch is so common that the city authorities saw fit to adorn an imposing brick edifice with bilingual signs saying "Toiletten" and, more expressively, "Scheithus".  :lol:

Andy
Sale, Cheshire
I've cut the end off it twice, but it's still too short

Offline Rog02

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2009, 02:15:35 PM »
What a bummer!

If size matters, how about sawing kitchen rolls in half?

Worse has happened to me in relation to that stuff, though. As a tourist in East Berlin in the late 60s, the inevitable result of drinking their (surprising good) beer took effect. Getting desperate, I saw a large sign saying "Toiletten", so dashed in, only to find men standing 4 deep, waiting their turn at the stones. But the adjacent cubicle was empty, and I was just unzipping in there when a uniformed Klofrau who looked as if she was a Stasi instructress appeared at the open door waving four sheets of the old-fashioned shiny paper, about the size of postage stamps.  :poke: She wouldn't release me until I bought them for some trifling sum.  I've still got 'em somewhere, but no emergency dire enough to use them has yet arisen.

And in a similar vein, I regret having no camera with me more recently in Bremen, where the North German dialect of Plattdeutsch is so common that the city authorities saw fit to adorn an imposing brick edifice with bilingual signs saying "Toiletten" and, more expressively, "Scheithus".  :lol:

Andy

Ah Yes!

The infamous Communist Bloc 40 grit toilet paper.   

I quickly learned doing business with those folks went a lot easier if you plied the transaction with either a pair of American blue jeans or a package of Charmin.
Roger
I'm OLD, I'm TIRED, and I'M GRUMPY!

Offline old-biker-uk

• Taunton, Somerset
    • An Old Biker's Stuff
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2009, 03:59:58 PM »
Only in France.....
Would have been happy with some of that 4" here!

Something of a contradiction between the sign (upper left) and the actual crapper.   
Mark
What you say and what people hear are not always the same thing.