The Shop > Our Shop

Wood floor mats

(1/2) > >>

Powder Keg:
Anyone have any in their shop? I've got some cheep foam mats. But they are terrible to keep clean. Chips stick to them and they are hard to sweep off. I seem to remember seeing some wood mats in a local shop years ago and I was wondering if any body had any experience with them. They were built like a wooden grate. It looked like you could pick them up and knock off the chips then sweep the floor under them. I might just have to build some and see how they work.

Thanks, Wes

Darren:
Stews got some doing the job they were intended  :)

bogstandard:
We call them duckboards this side of the water Wes.

They also do moulded ones out of rubber.

I have a few of the rubber ones behind my shop, as I can't have them in mine as I have a foot drag, and tend to trip up on things like that.

Yours if you can pick them up, a little on the large side to go thru the post in an envelope.

John

John Hill:
This is an interesting subject.  My 'clean' workshop consisting of lathe and Sally-The-Little-Shaper occupy a bit of space at the head of one garage which has a common floor with the house.

The XYL*** is very tolerant but I would really like to keep those chips from spreading around the place.  So the question is, do duckboards tend to keep the swarf in one place?

***Ham radio talk, means 'ex young lady' or SWMBO, but I do not always obey so XYL is more appropriate in my case! :coffee:

sbwhart:
Her we go:- my wooden duck board.

Advantages:- your not standing on the cold floor: the swarf falls between the slats: cheep to make.

Disadvantage:- if you drop something it is not always easy to find and retreave.

Hope this helps

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version