Gallery, Projects and General > How to's

Fixing a Moore & Wright level

<< < (4/7) > >>

awemawson:
I think that the issue is that the OP (Original Poster) hosted the pictures himself, rather than them being hosted on the forum. If for any reason those pictures are no longer available (crashed, corrupted etc) they are gone.

MrSleepy:

--- Quote from: awemawson on September 22, 2013, 04:29:08 PM ---I think that the issue is that the OP (Original Poster) hosted the pictures himself, rather than them being hosted on the forum. If for any reason those pictures are no longer available (crashed, corrupted etc) they are gone.

--- End quote ---

I think the reason for Bogstandard hosting is own pictures ...was the way HMEMs new owners decided they owned the content that individuals had uploaded.

So presumably when Bogstandard inevitably exited from here (as most anywhere he joined)...his photo links were removed aswell.

I hadnt noticed he'd left here.. when did that happen.... I've seen him post on JS sons site...is that his main reside now ??.

Rob

patuca:
I've done repairs to optical survey equipment also.   Precise leveling bubbles are usually expensive because of the sensitivity and the symetry of the bubble movement as well as the accuracy of the bubble movement range (20 sec. bubble  etc.).

For sensitive home-made machine levels an ordinary vial from a carpenters level can be rotated and it will become increasingly sensitive as the curve of the bubble lays flatter. 

While a cheap level bubble can't be calibrated for accurate bubble "movement" or range an ordinary carpenters level bubble can be made extremely accurate for dead level, simply by rotating it or laying it so the curve in the vial is flatter (rather than vertical) and securing it.

patuca

briary9:
Hello bogstandard,
I to have had the £50.00 min charge thrown at me. I wonder if the spare precision vials you have will fit my imperial Rabone Chesterman machine level. The viewing window in my level is 2-1/2 inches long and the vial is1/2 inch in diameter.

Regards briary9

vtsteam:
Briary, not a good idea to publish your phone number and email address on a public forum. I've removed yours from the last post. Usually people PM each other for something like your request.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version