Gallery, Projects and General > How to's

Fixing a Moore & Wright level

<< < (3/7) > >>

Ned Ludd:
Hi Guys,
I seem to recall that there was an article many years ago in MEW on making your own vials and possibly the whole level, but memory fails on that point.
Ned

j45on:

--- Quote from: Ned Ludd on May 05, 2011, 07:41:35 PM ---Hi Guys,
I seem to recall that there was an article many years ago in MEW on making your own vials and possibly the whole level, but memory fails on that point.
Ned

--- End quote ---

Issues 10,33,36 and 77 have articles on making your own

Shadow:
I have repaired surveying equipment replacing numerous vials. With older engineer's survey levels it was often a requirement under some government contracts to supply a spare vial with a new instrument. Some vials were 8" long. As these levels were furnished in nice wooden finger joint boxes/ carrying cases, a wooden block of suitable length was bored endwise and the tissue wrapped spare vial stored inside. The block was secured to the box with brass wood screws providing a safe haven for the spare, not a bad idea for a precision instrument.

I have read that the sealed pip end (just the tip portion) should be left exposed (un-plastered) to negate the effect to temperature expansion strain on the tip. I never found it a problem.

Nice level and repair Bogs.

Balljoint:
Hi Bogs

I have just aquired a Hilger & Watts level and was wondering if the links to the photos in this thread could be reactivated as I am interested in finding out all I can about the procedure

Thanks

Balljoint

Phil916:
Hi Folks

same as Balljoint, thread resurection trial...
Useless becomed threads without pictures are the death of forums

:worthless:

do someone have a backup please ?

thanks
Phil

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version