The Shop > Our Shop

My work shop.

(1/2) > >>

ibuildstuff4u:
Just joined this forum and here are some picts of my work shop.  The room is in my basement and was an extra bed room that we never used to I removed the carpet and started buying tools.  Please ignore the paint, I never took the time to repaint it after taking over the room!

I race RC boats and bought the machines to make parts for them and got bit by the metal working bug.  I have been enjoying it so much that I started taking classes at the tech and hope to work at a machine shop in the future.

ibuildstuff4u:
I picked up the D&M mill off E-bay and retrofitted it to work with Mach 3.  The computer is located in the closet.  The mill works good, but I need to learn more on how to program it.  Right now I do every thing by writing G code and I really need to learn how to use CAD.

The X2 mill has an up graded power supply and a belt drive kit.  The new power supply puts out more torque and RPM from the stock motor.  I'm currently working on a power feed for the X axis and hope to have it done soon.  My arm is getting sick of hand cranking.

Also a picture of my tool rack for the lathe. 

Dale P.

Darren:
Looks more like some doctors surgery than a machine workshop, how do you guys do it

Mine looks like a bomb site and I've only just built it ......  :doh:

dsquire:
Dale

Boy you sure have a nice looking shop there. When you catch  :proj: you will be all set with the tools. Welcome to MadModder.
 :mmr:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

sbwhart:
Welcome to the cube Dale  :borg:

Looks like you've got some nice kit looking forward to following your projects.

Have fun

Stew

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version