Gallery, Projects and General > Gallery

my second engine

(1/2) > >>

chuck foster:
i was at my dads awhile ago and he brought out a box of my junk that has been in storage at his place for the last 20 or more years.

some of the stuff was junk, but there was a few pieces that were ok.

the first piece was this double acting wobbler that i built using some drawings from model engineer.
the drawings were done by edgar westbury back in 1967.

it has a 1/2" bore and stroke (i think)

i used to run this engine with an aquarium air pump, one time it ran for a whole year non stop.

there was some other stuff in the box but i haven't got pics of it yet.

the reason i posted this engine is to see if any of you guys will post pictures of your first or second engines.
i think it would be neat to see some of the first projects people have made.

i have my very first engine that i made when i was 12 years old, i will post some picture of it tomorrow.

chuck  :wave:

Bernd:
Very neat Chuck. Looks pretty good.

Ran for a whole year?  :bugeye:  :jaw:  :bugeye: I'd say it's well broken in then. It's a wonder it isn't worn out.  :lol:

Bernd

dsquire:
Chuck

Looks like a nice little engine. I notice what looks like a date of Dec 27 on it. Does that have any signifigance? That should probably be considered part of the patina if it does! Thanks for showing it.  :D :D

Cheers  :beer:

Don

chuck foster:
bernd: it did indeed run for 365 days and yes it is getting worn out but i did build it to run and run it has.

don: the date means nothing but it has been there for a long time now.

so lets see your guys early works.  :clap: :clap:

chuck  :wave:

dsquire:
Chuck

I wish that I still had my first and engine that I helped make. It has long since disappeared and I know not where. It was an electric motor but many, many hours of fun. I still have the picture of it etched in my brain even though that was about 57 years ago. Maybe I should try building another just to have something to show. Heck, the grandkids would probably get a kick out of it.  :lol: :lol:

Cheers  :beer:

Don

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version