Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

methods of joining steel at 800C plus?

<< < (2/2)

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: RipSlider on October 01, 2009, 02:10:01 PM ---As soon as I have something of interest I will post it.
--- End quote ---

You already have Steve  :thumbup: .......... I'm fascinated, and will be keeping an eye out for your progress, good luck ............ and if it doesn't work you can always blame Circlip  :beer:

CC

chuck foster:
thanks for the info.................... good luck with this project and i will be watching for more on this story as it unfolds.

chuck  :wave:

HENNEGANOL:
Have you considered driving the boat using a steam turbine?  This was normal practice years ago when steamships  were in vogue and had HP and LP turbines utilising high pressure superheasted steam!  I seem to recall the Reeves used to sel akit for a rotary steam engine.

Gerald

tinkerer:
Can you thread the ends and use a coupling welded on the outside? I dont know if the wall thickness would allow threading. If not, then just a sleeve welded on. Silfos flows at 800C and braze at 640C so they will do you no good. Welding is your only choice for this application. Use an external sleeve and find an aircraft welder and he will do you a fine job. You will have to ream the weld from the interior penetration. I reread your post and see 60' and not ". You will have to live with the penetration, or do many, many short sections and clean up as you join them. I assume that is not feasable.

Another thought is if you can thread the pipe, a coupling could be welded just to seal the end and not require penetration.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version