Gallery, Projects and General > The Design Shop

May have caught rockeritus, a different strain!

(1/3) > >>

NickG:
Hi all,

Just thought I'd show you what I've been messing around with since I paid for the Alibre standard. I've been wanting to make a rocker engine but don't like the design or size of the original really. I know I could just use their basic dimensions and some artistic license but I like getting things down on paper and making them to drawing now, so I decided to go about designing my own. The thing is, I went a bit OTT and so I'm not sure whether I'm going to make this engine now, afterall, it's meant to be a quick and easy project for fast results, but mine probably wouldn't be! It's complete overkill really but I do like the way the design has turned out and it's done to suit my scrap bin. Of course I'd need to create the 2D drawings before I did anything else but as  :worthless: I thought I'd show you the 3D model anyway.

This  :proj: is really getting to me. I know in the time it would take to make this I could probably do 75% of a flame licker, or simple IC, which is what I really want to do next. I like Jan Ridders designs but I would have to change them to suit my materials anyway so that would involve all the design work before hand too!

I might give this a go though as I still think I need more practice before the flame licker or i.c. to avoid disappointment!  :bang: :bang: :bang:

Nick

sbwhart:
Nice bit of design work Nick  give it a go and build it  :poke: :poke: :poke: :poke:

I'll have to get myself that Alibre soft ware.

Have fun

Stew

Bernd:
Nick,

Go for it. Build it.  :thumbup:

What size might you be talking about?

Just to get you going I'm giving you a couple of 'nana's.  :ddb:  :ddb:

Now get to it.  :dremel:

Bernd

NickG:
Stew, if you fancy it the offer is still there! http://www.alibre.com/ It cost me £63 with the current exchange rate!

Bernd, sorry, it never occured to me that there was no reference to scale. The flywheel is 2" diameter by 1/4" wide, bore is 5/8" and stroke is 11/16" - the only reason for these sizes were to use some existing parts from my oscillating engine, i.e. flywheel, crank and bearing. But the crank and bearing had to be slightly modified anyway to make it look right.

Seeing as though I'm being poked with sticks, I think I'll give it a go. Will create the drawings tonight and tomorrow and hopefully start over the weekend. My dad is coming over tomorrow with the engine hoist so we can lift my milling machine into place. Then it's just a matter of bolting that, drill and grinder down, getting the tools out and making a start.

Nick

Stilldrillin:
Nick,

You`ve got me thinking...... I`ve got some alloy angle..... 1" x 1" bore & stroke?  :thumbup:

Hmmmm.......  :scratch:

David D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version