Gallery, Projects and General > Project Logs

A quick little project.

(1/1)

websterz:
Years ago I had to cut my wedding ring after banging my finger in the door. It started swelling before I could get the band off and I had to take a hacksaw to it. I turned myself a new titanium band tonight just to see if I could. I don't know what all the fuss is about, the stuff machines really nice! Aside from one little chip that ignited I had no issues at all, even drilling with HSS. It is a size 14+ (.915" to be exact) and weighs a whopping 3.95 grams!

I am going to make my wife a matching band to replace the one our daughter chewed up when she was 2. Yes...CHEWED it into a mangled gold ball. Let's see her do that to a titanium band! hehehe

Darren:
I have lathed many a Ti bolt to lighten it for my motorbike some years ago.....

I agree, why do people fuss over machining it? It lathes really nicely...... :ddb:

Nice ring..... :thumbup:

websterz:

--- Quote from: Darren on August 22, 2009, 06:10:01 PM ---I have lathed many a Ti bolt to lighten it for my motorbike some years ago.....

I agree, why do people fuss over machining it? It lathes really nicely...... :ddb:

Nice ring..... :thumbup:

--- End quote ---

I figured my little 7x12 would have issues with it. Guess all the mods I have been doing have really straightened the old gal up.  :proj:

Darren:
Going by your list of mods I'd say it's no longer the same machine.

TBH you get a lot of machine for the price, but they can certainly be improved upon....

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version