The Shop > Electronics & IC Programing

First i.c. ??

<< < (2/4) > >>

chuck foster:
very interesting tube .......... or should i say valve  :scratch:

i used to repair old radios and guitar amps, the radio voltages were no big deal but the guitar amps were scary!!

i worked on a bass amp for a guy and the output tubes were #6550...........i think there were 8 of them and they ran 750 plate volts.
and 750 volts hurts like  :zap: well you know.

just some of my ramblings for night.

chuck :wave:

John Swift:
Hi Dave

Radio Spares or RS Components as the call them selves now
stock a 3.5w multitapped output transformer 210-6475 if you decide to build some thing with
the ecll800 valves , some people have experimented with  ht voltages of only 20v to 45v  

the picture of the ecll800 reminded me of an early operational valve amplifier

If i remember correctly at one time  grundig sold radios as kit to avoid the taxes

the kit was infact a ready made radio without the valves fitted !

John

Bluechip:
Hi John

Long since gone to the tip. I think I took them the next day. As posted, I've no idea if they were OK. Just got a bit nostalgic ...

That Op-Amp looks interesting.

Some stuff I worked on when I first started work had valve Op_Amps, they were ECC81 or 12AT7's rather than ECC82.
Them and the damn great 6080 double triodes .. used to drive differential relays .. I think that's what they were called ..

The ones that are On - Off - On, rather than On - On, as per a normal C/O relay

Days long gone ...

Dave BC

andyf:
Dave, the adverts in your link to the Loewe valve showed they could be sent in for repair as long as the glass was intact. Not a service offered by IC manufacturers today. That said, not many modern ICs cost half a week's wages!

Andy

Bluechip:
Hi Andy

Right! Pity they don't fix things like they used to do.

I've got a duff BC108 here could benefit from being rebuilt ...  :scratch:

Dave BC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version