The Shop > Tools

Metric edge finders

(1/3) > >>

bogstandard:
For a while now, I have been trying out different edge finders, and found that none of the ones offered came up to challenge the accuracy of my 25 year old Starrett imperial one. In fact all of them gave either way out or unrepeatable readings.

Now came the time I was looking for a metric edge finder. I know that Starrett do them, but they are rather expensive.
So when Arc Euro started to advertise that they had got two new metric ones in, I decided, because I had never had a bad bit of kit from them, to give them a go. So I duly bought one of each, a 10mm and a 4mm one, at 5 squid 50p (about 10 bucks) each.

I hadn't even tried them out, as I have been too busy, but when Ralph came over last weekend, he asked me what they were.

I duly explained, and with Ralph looking on, they were put thru their paces, and compared to my faithful Starrett.

Both came thru with flying colours, giving repeatable results each and every time.

I was so impressed with them, they now sit proudly with the Starrett on my tooling rack, ready for action.

Bogs

John-Som:
Thanks John

My orders in the post ! I suspect my cheapo jobbies from Proops are not quite up to scratch.

JohnS

spuddevans:
Well would you believe it, I've just got the 4mm one this week. I havent had a chance to use it yet, but I have more confidence in it's results now.  :thumbup: :thumbup:

Just a side note about Arc Euro, I've had great service from them, on this order I ordered it ( and a few other goodies )on sunday and it arrived on tuesday morning, and I live in northern ireland. I figure that to be about as fast a delivery as is economically feasable.

Tim

sbwhart:
John showed me how to use them0 on Monday when I was over chewing the fat with him:- so impressed, I ordered a set along with some ER32 collets two days later they were delivered tried the edge finders out for my self and I was really impressed with them, just chucked my fag papers out. (translation cigarette papers)

Cheers

Stew

Darren:
I bought an LED type, I've nothing to compare it to but so far it's been spot on.

I figured with no moving parts and just a precisely ground shaft at both ends it could do little else but be accurate.....but like I say, I have nothing to compare...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version