The Shop > Our Shop

My cellar

<< < (7/7)

28ten:
Progress is slow as I can't make lots too any noise with circular saws n the evening as the kids are asleep, but I have decided to raise the end of the bench a little more
http://www.28ten.net/wp-content/uploads/2009/09/madmodcellar-2529.jpg
The thinking behind it is that I only drill small parts in the drill press and that I gets it at a more comfortable height. as a side benefit I will also manage to get the tool chest under as well  :D
Hopefully I will be picking up some contiboard for some shelves this weekend and I can make a start on that, and I also hope to get the lathe leveled up so I can start some small jobs

28ten:
A little bit of progress leveling up the lathe has shown a couple of shortcomings with the bench - I haven't really got a fine  adjustment for the height which means it is very difficult to get it spot on with an engineers level  :doh: so I need to make some more legs with some way of tweaking the height.... after all there is no point in having a wonky lathe  :D

NickG:
It'll be a nice workshop, bet you can't wait!

28ten:
I have done a few test cuts tonight, the work on the lathe bed and gibs has made a real difference, I am able to make deeper cuts when i am roughing out, and the finish is much better.
I need to find some solution to the cable problem though, I'll post some pictures tomorrow

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version