The Shop > Our Shop

My cellar

(1/7) > >>

28ten:
My cellar workshop...
I have two rooms about 15x12 ft in the cellar of our house. one side is dirty stuff lathe and woodworking and the other is my office/library/clean area. I haven't tidied up, this is work in progress  :) :)
The lathe area is due to be remodelled as I need more space when the mill arrives in the autumn
THe mini lathe

Bike tools

General view of the dirty side

The Office 

Books and an assembly area

main assembly bency

COmputer and some finished projects  :bugeye:

Unfinished projects  :proj:

jim:
thats impressive, what mill are you getting??

sbwhart:
Looks a good roomy shop,

Those loco engines a rolling stock look very good to.

Thanks for showing

Stew

28ten:

--- Quote from: jimmyocharlie on August 18, 2009, 02:56:58 PM ---thats impressive, what mill are you getting??

--- End quote ---
The mill will be an X3. I am undecided whether to bench mount it or to get the stand. I like the idea of it's own stand but I also like the idea of saving the cash for tooling !!
The new bench will be 2x4 framing with 4x4 legs at 3ft spacing, surfaced with kitchen worktop, and it will run the whole length of the wall currently occupied by the lathe.

I'm lucky because the cellar is bone dry, so I was able to do all the work myself and it is a nice place to work, the only problems are access for machinery, and noise. the ceiling clearance is 6ft 8 which is fine until i'm making wardrobe doors  :D

Bernd:
That's to nice of a looking workshop to get dirty or have swarf all over the place, and with what looks like a fireplace.

I see you're into model railroading. That's my first hobby. Also see you do a lot of scratch building in brass. Nice looking models. How about some pics of them? (please   :)  )

Bernd

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version