Author Topic: 3D CAD  (Read 14149 times)

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
Re: 3D CAD
« Reply #25 on: August 24, 2009, 01:01:06 PM »
I posted this offer on another board but wanted the members here to see it also.

I will be happy to try to help out when I get home this evening.  The easiest way for us to get this done would be using voice with Skype and a program called Team Viewer.  Doing it this way will allow me to see your screen in real time and the voice on Skype will allow me talk you through it.  If your interested in doing this let me know and we will set up the programs on your PC.  I spent several hours with Circlip on Sunday with is method.

Here is the link to Team Viewer:
www.TeamViewer.com 

Here is the link to Skype:
http://www.skype.com/

PS, this goes for any of the memebers that need help that I maybe able to give.  I am a newbie also but I am willing to pass on what I have learned so far.

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2009, 04:29:43 PM »
Well I just made my 1st part in Alibre that I will actually make in real life. I know it isn't much ,just a flywheel, but it feels good to produce a finished design. Now if only I can turn and mill it out to look like the drawing  :lol:

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2009, 04:40:30 PM »
Good stuff Tim. I find it good designing your own parts as you are usually thinking about how you are going to machine it whilst designing it. Your flywheel is good. I stopped putting fillets and chamfers on my models as couldn't be bothered specifying it all on the drawings!

I guess the danger with software like Alibre is after a few hours of learning, anyone can throw fantastic looking assemblies together without a clue how to actually make the bits! I've seen people doing it on other forums, chucking stuff together and creating drawings without the intention of making it themselves to see if it's actually possible!

Nick

Offline spuddevans

• Global Moderator
  • Portadown, Northern Ireland
    • My Photo website
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2009, 04:45:16 PM »
Thanks Nick  :thumbup: I've already turned the outside shape, all I have to do is turn the recess each side, drill the 3 holes and then drill and tap the fixing screw hole.

Hopefully the real thing will resemble the virtual one  :D

Tim
Measure with a micrometer, mark with chalk, cut with an axe  -  MI0TME

Offline DeereGuy

• D1 Adapter Solutions
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2009, 08:19:45 PM »
Tim, nice job.  The pdf creator is kewl.

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #30 on: August 25, 2009, 03:58:50 AM »
Am sure it will Tim, you'll be designing your own engines next! I quite enjoy doing these simple little engines, it's satisfying to see them go from concept to a set of drawings and a working engine that actually resembles the drawing!

However, another part of me just thinks, don't re-invent the wheel and just use somebody elses design because time spent on the computer could be time in the workshop!

Bit of a trade off I suppose!

Nick

Offline 28ten

« Reply #31 on: August 25, 2009, 02:03:04 PM »
time spent on the computer could be time in the workshop!

Bit of a trade off I suppose!

Nick
that is a very valid point, I find I spend too much time faffing about with drawings when I could just have knocked up the part with a sketch  :bang:
If it ain't broke, i'll fix it until it is.

Offline Divided he ad

• WARNING: LIKES SHINEY THINGS
  • The Collective
  • Between Chester, Wrexham, ruthin & Holywell :-)
« Reply #32 on: August 25, 2009, 08:17:47 PM »
I find I spend too much time faffing about with drawings when I could just have knocked up the part with a sketch

Enter Boggo industries C-o-C version 2.8   :lol:

It's been around for many years and seems to work just fine  :thumbup:

:)

Ralph.
I know what I know and need to know more!!!

Offline NickG

• Madmodder Committee
« Reply #33 on: August 26, 2009, 05:16:27 AM »
That is so true. I've used C-o-C plenty of times before but it's just nice to have a proper record of what you've done sometimes and have the facility to assemble things virtually in 3D before you do it for real!

Nick