Not really an engine

(1/2) > >>

DavesWimshurst:
Another hard day at work:

This is for a demo. 
Dave

Stilldrillin:
That`s great Dave! :clap:

Reminds me of my Chemist son, making his concoctions..... Including black powder!   :bugeye:

But, what are gummy bears?  :scratch:

David D

raynerd:
Dave, we call it Screaming Jelly Baby's over here - "Jelly Baby's" are the sweets we use. 

I have done this a fair number of times and I always just do it with a clamp and stand. Will have to consider putting it on a bearing and doing two opposite each other!!

I have a couple of chemistry related videos that my students put together for me over on my youtube channel. Sorry about the music selection!!

http://www.youtube.com/user/craynerd

Have you ever tried to introduce any other engine related projects or activities? I have been thinking about Stirling engines under the topic of "energy resources" but that is lower school and I think tin can stirling would only be suitable for older higher ability. I have just finished making a tin can Stirling to see how it works and have managed to get a runner but it has taken time!

Thanks for your post.

Chris

Brass_Machine:
Dave,

I moved it to 'neat stuff' and out of backyard ballistics... this is more like a jet engine type of thing :)

Eric

NickG:
awesome, now I know why my 3 year old goes absolutely loopy after only a few of them!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version