Gallery, Projects and General > How do I??

Flywheels without a rotary table - any examples

(1/3) > >>

raynerd:
Hi Guys

Anyone got any picture examples of flywheels they have made without a RT. I appreciate that some method of dividing may be needed but without the extensive use or need of milling with a RT. I`m just looking for some ideas... and of course I don`t have a RT.

Any examples appreciated.

Chris

EDIT: just a quick addition - what is the 'standard' method of attaching the flywheel to the crank shaft.  I`ve tried a grub screw but it doesn`t look great especially on small flywheels.

foozer:

--- Quote from: craynerd on August 08, 2009, 03:22:23 AM ---Hi Guys

Anyone got any picture examples of flywheels they have made without a RT. I appreciate that some method of dividing may be needed but without the extensive use or need of milling with a RT. I`m just looking for some ideas... and of course I don`t have a RT.

Any examples appreciated.

Chris

EDIT: just a quick addition - what is the 'standard' method of attaching the flywheel to the crank shaft.  I`ve tried a grub screw but it doesn`t look great especially on small flywheels.

--- End quote ---

My "One and Only" wobbler here  flywheel was drilled using a saw blade as the indexer. used what I had. Second flywheel used a taper lock. More pieces but less chance for wobble.

Robert

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: foozer on August 08, 2009, 11:38:11 AM --- flywheel was drilled using a saw blade as the indexer. 
--- End quote ---

Second picture makes it all clear, nice one Robert

Chris, my one and only flywheel so far just had a recess and 3 holes, I spaced the holes using the lathe chuck jaws as a template.

CC

raynerd:
Foozer - nice idea regarding the saw blade! Very clever  :smart:

CC - same here and I was wondering if anything more elegant could be created without a RT.

Chris

CrewCab:

--- Quote from: craynerd on August 08, 2009, 03:36:47 PM ---
I was wondering if anything more elegant could be created without a RT. 
--- End quote ---

More than likely, there are a lot of clever folk out there, have a search on HMEM for a few ideas, most likely a few on there.

CC

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version